• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Thatch Buffalo

I didn't spend a lot of time in the cockpit, fuselage closed up and wings attached. I figured you're not going to see in side the 1X1 hole with the canopy close so why spend a lot of time in there.

Pictures later.

A lot more progress than before.

h4ff17ba.jpg

he6e7b95.jpg

Canopy doesn't fit right, some shimming and skimming in order.

Need to figure out the exact color codes, it's important for these Yellow Wings.

I agree with you about the time spent in the cockpit. Sometime I feel like placing a nude girl in the seat just so somebody will look inside. Seems like a lot of work largely goes un noticed. Gary

Ah, progress :good: It looks crashed already, the engine is laying on the ground :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

I know right, funny thing, one of the two molds is old. Can't tell which one is bad or good, they one I just bought or the one I had. Detail on the engine is not so bad on one, other is not well defined. It has molded on spark plug wires and push rod covers so I'll just paint them up and call it done.

I'll probably spend more time figuring out the color codes for 3-F-13 than actually painting it.

Ah, progress :good: It looks crashed already, the engine is laying on the ground :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

I know right, funny thing, one of the two molds is old. Can't tell which one is bad or good, they one I just bought or the one I had. Detail on the engine is not so bad on one, other is not well defined. It has molded on spark plug wires and push rod covers so I'll just paint them up and call it done.

I'll probably spend more time figuring out the color codes for 3-F-13 than actually painting it.

Strange, I would have thought they would be more consistent .

I know what you mean about paint research . And then , trying to find a shade that's an approximation of the real thing :frantic

I know what you mean about paint research . And then , trying to find a shade that's an approximation of the real thing :frantic

Shade is the least of my worries. The color of the stripes on the wings and what the cowl is what makes a huge difference.

Thought I had a link somewhere explaining all that, maybe it's on this thread. :idonno

Woops...here it tis...

http://www.cybermodeler.com/color/usn_preww2.shtml

There, 4-F-13, cowl is Willow Green both upper and lower. Now to find Willow Green. :soldier

Hey Bob! According to my old IPMS Color Cross Referencing Guide, Willow Green is FS14187. That is in the Pre WW2 colors on page 87.
According to the paint conversion chart Testors has this color as a Model Master color. If in doubt here is as close a photo as I can get off my FS paint set.

Willow_Green_FS595B.jpg

Hope that helps.

If you had of asked Me I would have sent you a bottle ... I think I have two in stock ... Not much call for it ... Nice progress ... hope this one makes the cut ... :popcorn :pilot (y)

Back