• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Testors Sturmtiger Complete!!!

Testors Sturmtiger

Some Umber and a thin Black wash will tone down the rusty tracks Adam.

The rest is HONKIN brother (y)

Tony lee

Testors Sturmtiger

Calling this one done! It still needs the ring for the ammo crane, but the kit didnt come w/ one, so I'm working on figuring out how to fab one up. But thats low priority for me. Just happy to have it done.

I weathered it w/ every technique I knew how to do, which unfortunately isnt enough, it still looks way to clean. But that just means I need to build more tanks! haha.

Sturmtiger-084_zps5203a9b4.jpg

Sturmtiger-085_zpsc926325d.jpg

Sturmtiger-086_zps6b75ad70.jpg

Adam, Take some Buff and thin it about 90%. Get back a foot or a foot and a half and spray a light coat on it,let dry for 30 minutes or so and if it ain't dusty enough do it again.
Keep doing it till you think it's dusty enough. :D

Turned out pretty good. One thing that will help is to get rid of the shine. Some clear flat enamel will help a lot.

Terry (y)

Adam, Take some Buff and thin it about 90%. Get back a foot or a foot and a half and spray a light coat on it,let dry for 30 minutes or so and if it ain't dusty enough do it again.
Keep doing it till you think it's dusty enough. :D

Not sure of Adam saw this but I'll surely give this a try on the Sherman Tony... :soldier

Looking good Adam! (y)

Maybe it needs a bit of fading of the colors,but it looks ok in my eyes.

Greetings,Ron.

Back