• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TERRY'S "BRITISH GUNS" UPDATE #11

Re: TERRY'S "BRITISH GUNS" UPDATE #4

Thanks Dusan!!! Well here's some paint. I gave the limber and the gun a coat of dark green paint as I am trying to do a early version that has been repainted for desert service. I then sprayed both with hair spray because I am going to try to chip the paint. The chipping didn't come out quite like I wanted. I think I didn't let the hair spray dry long enough, but that's ok I will try again on the gun. Next I did my oil wash and little more chipping. Here's the result. I will do more weathering later. Comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC06228.JPG

DSC06229.JPG

DSC06230.JPG

DSC06232.JPG

DSC06233.JPG

DSC06234.JPG

DSC06235.JPG

DSC06236.JPG

DSC06237.JPG

DSC06238.JPG

B)

Lookin' good! I remember when this kit first came out,many many moons ago. I really wanted it but could only afford so much so it went to the back burner time and time again. Years passed and I never got to it! I am glad to see it being built.
J

That's looking pretty good, Terry! I have best luck with the hairspray trick with two heavy coats of hairspray (drying in between) and then very diluted paint, with the chipping done after about 10 minutes. It gets harder to remove the top coats the longer they set up. Of course, every time I do it, it's an adventure!

Lookin' good! I remember when this kit first came out,many many moons ago. I really wanted it but could only afford so much so it went to the back burner time and time again. Years passed and I never got to it! I am glad to see it being built.
J

Thanks!!! I will do my best with time remaining.

B)

That's looking pretty good, Terry! I have best luck with the hairspray trick with two heavy coats of hairspray (drying in between) and then very diluted paint, with the chipping done after about 10 minutes. It gets harder to remove the top coats the longer they set up. Of course, every time I do it, it's an adventure!

Thanks Mike I will give that an try.

B)

Cool. One day I'll have to summon up the courage to try this.
James

Re: TERRY'S "BRITISH GUNS" UPDATE #3

Thanks guys!! Working on the tractor photo etch. :bang head

B)

Re: TERRY'S "BRITISH GUNS" UPDATE #5

I have been working on the PE for the tractor. Just too many hinges :pinch: , but I'm getting there. To let my eyes rest I made a roof rack out of plastic rod. Here's some pictures of the progress so far. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC06253.JPG

DSC06254.JPG

DSC06255.JPG

DSC06256.JPG

B)

Re: TERRY'S "BRITISH GUNS" UPDATE #6

I have done some more work. Worked out the hinge detail for the tractor doors. Tamiya's hinges are pretty clunky so I cut them off and made my own. I couldn't find any real clear pictures of the actual hinge so I jusr made up my own.

DSC06260.JPG

DSC06261.JPG

DSC06263.JPG

At least they look they are in the right place.

I also started painting the gun. I have ways to go yet.

Step 1: I painted the whole gun a dark green

DSC06229.JPG

Step 2: I put on a coat of Tamiya Khaki letting the the dark green show through

DSC06265.JPG

Step 3: I added a thin coat of Tamiya Dark Yellow

DSC06266.JPG

Step 4: I shaded the upper surfaces with brighter shade of dark yellow

DSC06267.JPG

I continue to work on my color modulation technic. Every project is an adventure, but I am getting a little closer all the time

DSC06268.JPG

Thanks for looking. Comments and questions are welcome.

B)

Back