• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tanktrax's German Kriegslokomotive Br52

The floor is VERY good, almost looks like a decal. Real shame to have to close up all that fine work John. But we know it's in there.

Getting there... 1 week to go...

Looks like a train now! Lower running gear with some initial weathering done with MIG pigments. Boiler, cab and tender haven't had any weathering yet, so hopefully that shine will disappear soon. ;)

Still a lot of parts on the running gear to add yet - wheels!!! - and all that piping is yet to be fixed in their correct places.

br52-10.jpg

br52-11.jpg

Oh, and then need to paint the track base... :eek:hmy:

top drawer! the highest compliment i can make is that a build makes me want to build the same topic ... and this is the case here ...

... but that will stay a dream ... my wallet pukes when i think of all the waggons, the leopold and the figures i would need to buy to actually build what i now have in mind!

please do not forget to NOT mount the third front light, only the two lower lights were reichsbahn standard! (same with the rear lights if there are three mentioned in the instructions!)

please do not forget to NOT mount the third front light, only the two lower lights were reichsbahn standard! (same with the rear lights if there are three mentioned in the instructions!)

No worries there, The instructions make no mention whatsoever of a third light (front or rear).

Wow. Cool subject! And ambitious. I've only seen one of these built up in this scale and that guy took a lot longer than a month! Looking great.

It has wheels! :cheer:

A lot of stuffing around and some really dodgy parts fit has slowed me up a bit... but still think it'll be finished in time... just! Still more parts to add on the running gear yet :blink

br52-12.jpg

br52-13.jpg

br52-14.jpg

And then all that weathering to do...

yiggediyiggediwooooooooooo! :woohoo:

awesome looking!

keep it up ... time shows no mercy and your build is so lovely to deserve to be finished in time!

Does anyone else remember "The Little Engine that Could?" You can do it. You can do it. You can do it. You can DO IT!

Whew... construction and painting of the engine and tender completed... The final parts of that running gear were a real pain in the bum... so delicate and fiddly... :S

And then the endless updates to the paint job! :huh:

br52-15.jpg

br52-16.jpg

br52-17.jpg

br52-18.jpg

Started painting the track bed and decals and weathering of the engine will start tomorrow. It took me all day just to finish off that running gear... not a lot of fun at times... and more than a few swear words to add... :blink

Without a doubt that has to be the most complex 1:72 scale kit I have ever seen and built. Simply stunning detail with all the piping around the running gear that the pictures don't show. Only let downs have been the number of sink holes in obvious places, some poor fit of some parts and the "rubber" piping from the boiler down to the running gear - that rubbery type plastic is a real pain... the glue sort of sticks but not a strong hold and the paint just flakes of with some minor flex of the pipe... though, now that it's fixed in place, that hopefully won't happen anymore.

Update:

Here is a picture of the underside showing some of the detail in the running gear -
br52-19.jpg

Back