• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya's Yamaha YZF-R1

Leopard2

Here is a model of the Yamaha YZF-R1 I built over the last 3 weeks. It went together like a peach. Only complaint I had is that some of the bigger decals crumbled like dry leaves. I also learned that I still need to work on how to apply a gloss coat correctly.

Joe

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

Hey Joe!! Nice work on the Yammerhammer!! Very clean and the painted details make it pop! (y)

Thanks Mike, was a fun build. Those Tamiya bikes are so easy to put together. I think either a Kawa Ninja or the Hayabusa will be next.

Joe

I have both of those, really need to build one. Maybe we'll do our own little group build????

Mike, we might have to do just that. I am still trying to locate Tamiya Paints, but the supply is drying up. Hopefully Tamiya is able to ship some soon again.

Joe

Having no experience with this type of modeling - all I can say is that it looks very realistic. Well done.

What scale is it?

Rick

Back