• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya's P-51D

Well that's all she cried! Finally in the bag (or display case rather). It was a very good kit to build in fact, went together easy and no fit problems at all. The Eduard colour etch kit for the cockpit was also a pleasure and a must with this kit. It was finished off in Warbird Acrylics, Alclad and Tamiya Acrylics, weathering mainly with Wndsor and Newton artists oils and Rembrandt pastels. I am glad this one is done and despite my many paint and other problems, i'm not altogether unhappy with the result but - as always - I know what I would do different with my next shot at this kit. As always please, any constructive critique is wanted and appreciated.....

IMGP9766.jpg

p5101.jpg

p5102.jpg

p5107.jpg

p5103.jpg

p5104.jpg

p5106.jpg

That's cool, love the unshrouded exhaust pipes. oh to do OD again...I'd say it's a keeper Geoff (y)

Back