• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya's P-51D

jugjunkie

Well i'm just about coming to the end of this one so I might as well finish it up here as my first WIP on MA. It's been a great build but everything else has been a FFFFFFFmess. Anyway i'll not go into all of that, the livery is almost done so we can say this one is all but in the bag (oops I cringed saying that????)

IMGP9728.jpg

Geoff

Ah yes, Passion Wagon, great scheme with just enough cheesecake..

I see you have the flaps off, are the wings dryfitted?

Hi guys,

Firstly thanks for looking and commenting. Moonpuppy - The wings are fixed and in place, the flaps will be added soon just want to paint them seperately with some weathering. Sharkmouth- This is 1/48 scale.

Geoff

For some reason when I read Tamiya P51 I automatically think the 1:32 scale...guess it's on my mind. I was wondering how you would get the flaps on at that point but different kit, different engineering.

Even better, I couldn't tell the scale! :mpup

For some reason when I read Tamiya P51 I automatically think the 1:32 scale...guess it's on my mind. I was wondering how you would get the flaps on at that point but different kit, different engineering.

Even better, I couldn't tell the scale! :mpup

You are too kind but thanks for the compliment. :cheer:

Completed the first stage wash using Black Artists Oils. Also started the first stage of weathering by applying some "repairs"

IMGP9743.jpg

Greetings Geoff;

She is looking real nice............ (y)

I like her...... keep going.... :mpup

Mike

Need to get this one done for our club "end-of-year" competition so I will now be putting in some effort. The weathering is pretty much all done. The airframe is now put away while I complete the bits and pieces and once everything is done and "hung" on, final weathering and blending and i'll call it overs.

IMGP9745.jpg

IMGP9746.jpg

IMGP9744.jpg

Geoff

Coming to the end now so no more full figure shots until the end (bad luck). Got the spinner and pipes on...

IMGP9749.jpg

Got the canopy revealed and the antenna removed....

IMGP9750.jpg

...and got the struts shimmyed up

IMGP9752.jpg

3 or 4 more nights and this one will be history.

Back