• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya SU-76M Finished!

Well now would you look at that :woohoo:

You did yourself and me P R O U D buddy (y)

Your weathering is very believable and natural looking. :eek:hyeah

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Many thanks, Tony, Chris, James, Ian, Warren, Luiz and Rhino! I appreciate your comments and interest, thank you for taking time to post them. :notworthy

One thing I forgot to mention was that this was built out of the box, I only changed to dry transfers instead of decals and could not bear to use the string tow cable. That was made from the kit ends and a leftover piece of Karaya copper cable. Oops, the antenna is a brass piece from RB Model, Tamiya only included a plastic stub. :facepalm There goes the OOB thing! Guess it CAN'T be done. :rotf

:drinks

Just can't leave anything alone :rotf :rotf :rotf

I really like that steel pigment in the photos . It really looks good.

Cheers, Christian B)

So true!

That AK Dark Steel pigment is really magic powder, easy to use and very convincing.

Thanks Chris and Terry! :drinks

Thank you so much, my friends, I'm glad you like it! Well, it's been a long road. This kit has presented some challenges, but it finally came together. I dug through my parts box and found some Archer dry transfers for the the numerals. The numerals were cut out and positioned with a bit of tape.

IMG_8784.JPG

I used my ball tip burnisher to rub the numbers down.

IMG_8785.JPG

And here is the finished photos, I didn't take any during the weathering process.

IMG_8787.JPG

IMG_8788.JPG

IMG_8789.JPG

IMG_8790.JPG

IMG_8791.JPG

IMG_8792.JPG

The leaves are from Ausfwerks, the rest of the schmutz is made of pigments and oils. Thanks for riding along and thank you for the extra couple days to finish.

:drinks

....I'm just here to put it on this page as well. :laugh:

Looks great Mike!

Gr,Ron.

Back