• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Schwalbe

Looks good to me Bob, i think if it was mine i would maybe try and blend the darker top in to the lighter bottom by putting some lighter splats (thats a technical term) along the the darker edge
Truth is though there doesnt seem to be 2 the same anyway :)

Looks good to me Bob, i think if it was mine i would maybe try and blend the darker top in to the lighter bottom by putting some lighter splats (thats a technical term) along the the darker edge
Truth is though there doesnt seem to be 2 the same anyway :)
I'm not happy with RLM 74/75 from Vallejo. Talking to Eric today about this, I ran in the same issue with their navy colors on the tricolor scheme.

I'm taking the plung, we stopped at the HobbyTown in Augusta on our way back from the 3.5 hour drive to Warner Robins AFB and the model show there. Thank goodness it was at an awesome museum else it would have been a bum trip, trip report tomorrow.

Anyway, I got some Mission Models RLM74/75/76, I'm not stripping this but I am going to do some color correction.

1717897694871.png

As you can see, the cap seal colors are Mission RLM 74 and 75 respectfully. The dab of paint below those seals are the Vallejo version of the same colors. RML 74 is pretty close to the same but RLM 75...not even close. I'll be updating come colors tomorrow.

As has been mentioned Bob, no two were alike at this stage of the war.

I'm real interested to see what that particular brand of rlm 75 looks like on the model. I was a big fan of the polyscale brand back in the day when they were available and still have a sizable collection of their paints. Always keeping my eyes open for options.

Eric keeps warning me about how difficult it is about spraying it, and yes I did read the FAQ last night, probably need to read it again today now I'm recovered from 8 hour drive time to get to the model show and back at Warner Robins. :frantic:

Did didn’t mean to make sound like MMP is hard to shoot just that there will be a learning curve. I use only MMP for my airbrushing need and True Earth SDW paints for brush paint. But with a little practice you will get the hang of using MMP.

I bought a 1/32 Revell 190 "Sturmbock" last night like you do when you are bored and on ebay.... So i have this camo to look forward too :)
large scale Luftwaffe is a new game to me. At least in the last 15 years :)

No one that sprays 3 drops of paint at a time can criticize guys that airbrush real big models.
I stick with paints I know well, because there is small chance of ever running out. :lol:

I guess I need to be on here more often because this slipped by me. A jet WWII plane? What is the world coming to?! I have a mixture of Flow Aide and Airbrush Thinner 50/50 for stubborn Vallejo paint that seems to work well. The flow aide helps keep the paint from sticking to the needle and is what makes ink flow from a pen (it also allows paint to release from paint brush hairs!). I don't use it straight though, because the artist grade Liquitex version says right on the bottle that there is no binder in Flow Aide and should not be used in excess or by itself, and is why I mix with airbrush thinner, which I believe DOES have binder in it. As an artist, I often wonder about the things we use on our models that are an absolute No-No in the fine art realm, (like using acrylic over oil paint. It will only stick for a few years on a canvas then will delaminate).

Yep, there were several Luftwaffe jets.
Man I like this Mission Model paints!
We have some serious tonal variances now.
1717981609299.png

The stark shading between the RLM 76 and others going up the side will blend in when I start weathering and washing.
I think working with Vallejo all these years has trained me to working with this stuff, I gotta say, from what little I sprayed today, it's harder to get Vallejo spraying that Mission.

I got rid of Vallejo a few years ago. I like the way Tamiya, MRP, and Gunze paints stick.

Now that 262 looks the bidness. Love the soft demarcation lines and the contrast. I would love to have one of those in my collection.

First thing I found Paul was the spray pattern was much more tight. With Vallejo I could get in tight, near pencil thin but there was always a bit of overspray. Mission, the overspray is minimal if at all.

Great improvement, you nailed it :) the mid colour between the upper dark and the lower light has removed that demarcation line, looks good

My neighbour builds models but just endless 1/16 tanks.....
His face lit up when i gave him my huge collection of MIG/AMMO paints ....and mine lit up as i waved them goodbye :)

1718579029374.png

Got stickers on. Need a flat coat now to knock down the shine then some weathering. Ran into some issues with the decals, adapted and over came but there's some noticeable flaws. If you can see them, ok. If you can't, all the better.

1718579152198.png

The insignia on this side is like this. Guess one of the subjects had some repainting done and Tamiya made the decals to replicate the real thing. I figured it looked interesting. Not like this thing is going to end up at a show or anything.

Back