• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Schwalbe

Too bad it's on Facebook.
What I've read is that dear ol'l Adolf mounted any ME262 that was available.

I got color on, started with a preshade of the panels and I did the pattern coverage like I did on the black based finishes we were playing with on the Comets.
1717386058473.png

Chatting with Paul as I did this, hard to explain what was going on but I wanted that defused...random coverage, no sure what word i"m looking for here.

1717386142778.png

And here's RML 74/75/76...Just doesn't look right to me. Whatcha'll think?

I got color on, started with a preshade of the panels and I did the pattern coverage like I did on the black based finishes we were playing with on the Comets.
View attachment 170283

Chatting with Paul as I did this, hard to explain what was going on but I wanted that defused...random coverage, no sure what word i"m looking for here.

View attachment 170284

I think the problem is the side spots are too small and stark, and the upper color usually goes at least halfway down the sides before doing the mottle. Here are some examples.
Me262 mottle pattern.jpg

Me262 sides 1.jpg

Me262 sides 2.jpg

I think you were trying to do a Bf109 style camo and the 262 is different.

When I do the splotches I set the pressure really low so need to have fairly thinned paint. Then get up close and very lightly mist on the paint. To get darker splotches you just have to keep painting the same spot until you get what you want. I usually practice on the paint booth or old donor kit or paper to get the feel for what I am doing. This probably isnt my best to show what I mean, but maybe it will help?
James

James, I cranked pressure up to 20 because I was having hard time squirting the Vallejo Model Air. I know it's supposed to be airbursh ready but we know better.

I'll feather the RML75 down the fuselage some and see if I can soften the splotches more.

The Smithsonian's example is completely accurate and based on colors uncovered during the restoration. It caused quite a stir in the Luftwaffe camouflage experten as they considered the colors too bright but the restoration team had the evidence.

1717498755087.png

He had a 190 with that slogan didn't he?
Yes and the Me-262 inscription is wrong (if it existed) as Jerry Crandall stated:

"Greetings,
I'm working on new updates on JV 44 Doras and have discovered the pilot of "Red 2", the D-11 found at Bad Aibling. More on this later.

Regarding Hptm. Waldemar Wübke's slogan on "Red 3"; the meaning of "By Order of the State Railway" refers to his sarcastic criticism of flying Jabo missions when he was assigned to 9./JG 54. In his mind he was a fighter pilot not a bomber pilot. This slogan was labeled on railroad cars that transported bombs. This was verified by Hans Ekkehard-Bob who was a close friend of Wübke's.
Cheers, Jerry"

Others from the staffeln were:

w 190 D-9 "Red 1" (W.Nr. 600 424) flown by Leutnant Heinz Sachsenberg "Verkaaft's mei Gwand, I foahr in himmel!" This I understand is written in slang. "Sell my stuff, for I travel to heaven!".

Fw 190 D-9 "Red 13" (W.Nr. 213 240) flown by Oberleutnant Klaus Faber "Rein Muss er, und wenn wir beide weinen!" This one I understand is having some carnal connotations. "In it must go, even if we both moan!"

Fw 190 D-9 "Red 3" (W.Nr. 600 565) flown by Hauptmann Waldemar Wübke "Im Auftrage der Reichsbahn" This one can be dated back to the year 1940. A number of interpretations. It might have been a reference to using fighter aircraft as fighter-bombers.

Fw 190 D-11 "Red 4" (W.Nr 170 933) [possible] flown by Leutnant Karl-Heinz Hofmann (possible) "Der nächste Herr, dieselbe Dame!" This one might also have some carnal connotations. "The next man, the same lady!"

Last edited:
View attachment 170283

View attachment 170284

Is the word you seek "dappled" or "mottled"? My opinion is the new Luftwaffe Jet fighter would have had meticulous care, finish included.
As always, you are free to do EXACTLY as you please with YOUR model.

I'm not a fan of black basing. It's confusing to the eye and looks like the guys that painted the airplane were less than proficient.
I saw a 1/48 A6M2 Zero type 21 painted that way on YouTube. Not realistic at all with the IJN light gray scheme. It looked like it was painted with a scale mop.

Does your green need to make more of a contrast? Could be 'Pup. Could be! Notice too, on the Smithsonian Schwalbe, the mottles under the camo on the sides are the same color as the solid camo? Pretty cool!

Yes and the Me-262 inscription is wrong (if it existed) as Jerry Crandall stated:

"Greetings,
I'm working on new updates on JV 44 Doras and have discovered the pilot of "Red 2", the D-11 found at Bad Aibling. More on this later.

Regarding Hptm. Waldemar Wübke's slogan on "Red 3"; the meaning of "By Order of the State Railway" refers to his sarcastic criticism of flying Jabo missions when he was assigned to 9./JG 54. In his mind he was a fighter pilot not a bomber pilot. This slogan was labeled on railroad cars that transported bombs. This was verified by Hans Ekkehard-Bob who was a close friend of Wübke's.
Cheers, Jerry"

Others from the staffeln were:

w 190 D-9 "Red 1" (W.Nr. 600 424) flown by Leutnant Heinz Sachsenberg "Verkaaft's mei Gwand, I foahr in himmel!" This I understand is written in slang. "Sell my stuff, for I travel to heaven!".

Fw 190 D-9 "Red 13" (W.Nr. 213 240) flown by Oberleutnant Klaus Faber "Rein Muss er, und wenn wir beide weinen!" This one I understand is having some carnal connotations. "In it must go, even if we both moan!"

Fw 190 D-9 "Red 3" (W.Nr. 600 565) flown by Hauptmann Waldemar Wübke "Im Auftrage der Reichsbahn" This one can be dated back to the year 1940. A number of interpretations. It might have been a reference to using fighter aircraft as fighter-bombers.

Fw 190 D-11 "Red 4" (W.Nr 170 933) [possible] flown by Leutnant Karl-Heinz Hofmann (possible) "Der nächste Herr, dieselbe Dame!" This one might also have some carnal connotations. "The next man, the same lady!"
Remember I did the Red 3 years ago, remember you telling me about the myth. Still a fun build with the parrot scheme.

Does your green need to make more of a contrast? Could be 'Pup. Could be! Notice too, on the Smithsonian Schwalbe, the mottles under the camo on the sides are the same color as the solid camo? Pretty cool!
I'm doing the RLM 74,75 and 76 scheme. Just shades of grey.

Back