• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Schwalbe

Man when Les said this was one of the best kits Tamiya makes, he weren't lying.
Just to show I did paint the gun bay, I'll have it all closed up.
1716588325113.png

I don't know why i can't go ahead and install all the nose panels
1716588357468.png

I had a bit of a step seam I'm sure to my on mistake.
1716588384952.png

Lttle pressure cleared it up.

1716588419385.png

The wing is totally dry fit, no glue what so ever. The fit is amazing.

It's been a while since I did a Luftwaffe subject and using the right colors is always a mystery. Not least is which brand to use.
Understanding how these two parts go together the outer color will not be visible without some serious inspection mirrors.
1716666367115.png

Part 7 is Vallejo model air that I have had for years and part 8 is Migs recently picked up somewhere. Both are primed with Tamiya's grey primer. I like how smooth Vallejo goes down when thinned correctly. Not sure why the coverage is spotty here with Migs, I did another test shot here.
1716666526316.png

The gear doors are primed with Tamiya Grey and Vallejo RLM 65 and the inside of the gun panel is Migs, but this time Tamiya's German Grey is the primer. Looks pretty close to match here and coverage is consistent.

Really not sure which to go with. thoughts?

If it looks good, it IS good! It is rare, indeed that a contest judge dings a model for not having the right RLM's.
Those guys are out there though.

Late war colors are best guess for the most part. In a number of instances there was bare metal left on the underside. All supplies were hard to get and the planes were run hard and rough.

Working on the nacelles, again the fit is perfect. got some seams to clean up but wonder if panel lines we're there to start with. Anywho...I was testing the RLM colors I looked back at Franz Stigler's White 3 and see it's not the RLM 65 underside. It has the RLM74, 75, 76 scheme. lucky me I have it in Vallejo.

Working on the nacelles, again the fit is perfect. got some seams to clean up but wonder if panel lines we're there to start with. Anywho...I was testing the RLM colors I looked back at Franz Stigler's White 3 and see it's not the RLM 65 underside. It has the RLM74, 75, 76 scheme. lucky me I have it in Vallejo.
Don't get too excited or you'll get flagged for excess celebration by the modelling gods.

flag-yellow.gif

Cheers,
RichB

Looking great!!! RLM 65 was mostly an early war color and RLM 76 was used later. The fit on my J1N1 is perfect also. So far. Gary S.

looking tough! :popcorn The part 7 color looks much more like RLM78. The lighter blue RLM65(which part 8 looks like) was officially withhdrawn from use in August 1944

Last edited:
Back