• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Opel Blitz 1/35

Kreighshoer

with quosm starting next sunday i'm under pressure to move on with my convoy, so i started the tamiya opel blitz in 1/35 scale this morning - first act, very first act was to cut my thumb with my trusty #11 *sigh* ... after a break (vegetable patch work and walk in the park with rudy :mpup !) i tried to come as far as possible today ...

Violet Arcana - In The Scene Of The Mind (one of my all-time favorite songs!)

this morning's work:
chassis1.jpg

chassis2.jpg

this afternoon's outcome:
almostdone2~1.jpg

almostdone1~1.jpg

:soldier

Easy and great model...

On mine, the only AM product I bought was the PE set from Passion Models (tiny but just what was needed).

003.jpg

Regards,

Great start Laura ( except for the trauma . Might be a strange question, but just how did they get to that spare tire when the bed is on the Chassis ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Great start Laura ( except for the trauma . Might be a strange question, but just how did they get to that spare tire when the bed is on the Chassis ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Couldn't have been as bad as getting the spare out of the trunk of a Firebird that's loaded down for Myrtle Beach run..Ask me how I know... :zen

Laura, looking good here. Can't wait to see some paint. :soldier

Nice truck Laura, I build one the Italeri one and that was a good kit. Is this a total new kit?

Cheers, Johanna

LAURA ,

Great Start on th Blitz !! Yeah ... watch out for th Blade ..... Lookin forward to seein more !!

Speaking of Your :mpup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aYZrvG5BkY​

:erik

Nice truck Laura, I build one the Italeri one and that was a good kit. Is this a total new kit?

Johanna, while I am not Laura, I did ask her which kit it was and this is the new tool (not an Italeri re-box) by Tamiya. It is a simple but very nice model.

Regards,

Really watching this with interest cos I am wanting to do a blitz after I have done stuff that havnt been done over the last 6 months

Why a truck I hear you cry ( well thats actually a lie I just want to be more interesting but failing badly )

I find tracks a right pain in da bum and want some wheels

Andy, with some extra work on the details the tamiya blitz is a great kit, i also like the Zvezda trucks alot (much more details, but not to much). looking forward to see more of your blitz Laura :)
//Mats

Nice start on the truck. I have one of those in the build pile but I move at a glacial pace these days. I will enjoy the build vicariously here.
As far as the #11 goes. I do that almost daily and have been using super glue to seal the cuts. That is ,in fact,what it was invented for!!
J

Great looking truck Laura. Nice tunes too :v I've been re-discovering Lisa Gerrard, what a voice.

Tim

Back