• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya M51 finished.

The Zod

Work on my original entry on the Centurion has stopped. The front fenders are not right. :bang head So,I am going with this build. It was my first choice,but I did not listen.

M51-1_zpszsoorg39.jpg

M51-2_zpsqp3utclt.jpg

M51-3_zps7ntbf9jf.jpg

M51-4_zpsdi6de0up.jpg

As far as the tracks go........... I am not sure if I will cut the solid guide hors off the Tamiya tracks and glue the hollow guide horns from AVF Club,or use a set from Dragon.

Tamiya M51

Thank you kindly everyone. B) So far,the only dark spot was the ejector markings on the lower hull sides. Some 150 grit sand paper blended them in.
pin%20marks_zpsmmxdfh9x.jpg

The lower hull bottom is totally new from Tamiya. They even put the strip of bolts at the front,where it meets the FDA cover. :yipee

lh1_zps5i0ewlgn.jpg

lh2_zpsanef2njw.jpg

M51-5_zpsa1cmrwul.jpg

For scale effect,how big of a gap should be between the upper hull front and the bolt strip?
M51-6_zpsf0eynhpi.jpg

Tamiya M51

Some work done while I am down for truck work. :bang head

M51-7_zpssefzxoeg.jpg

M51-8_zps3nbp43mz.jpg

M51cans_zpszv5sd2pn.jpg

Now if I can only find those Archer casting marks for the E8 bogies. :bang head

I am not sure if I will use Mr Surfacer for making the casting effects onto the hull and turret. I do not have any laquer thiiner with me to thin the stuff down some,so I can brush it on,and clean the brush. Not sure if turpentine will work.

I am also trying to figure out what the IDF used for tow cables. I have one of the Lioness and Lion books on the M50 and M51 Shermans. The tow cable ends look so much different from the US version.

Tamiya M51

M51-7_zpssefzxoeg.jpg

M51-8_zps3nbp43mz.jpg

M51cans_zpszv5sd2pn.jpg

I am not sure if I will use Mr Surfacer for making the casting effects onto the hull and turret. I do not have any laquer thiiner with me to thin the stuff down some,so I can brush it on,and clean the brush. Not sure if turpentine will work.

I am also trying to figure out what the IDF used for tow cables. I have one of the Lioness and Lion books on the M50 and M51 Shermans. The tow cable ends look so much different from the US version.

I don't think Turpentine works with Mr. Surfacer. Be careful mixing that stuff, could get nasty! PE work looks great so far. Looking good Chad. :soldier

Tamiya M51

I don't think Turpentine works with Mr. Surfacer. Be careful mixing that stuff, could get nasty! PE work looks great so far. Looking good Chad. :soldier
Thanks Bob. B) I bought some laquer thinner at a Wal Mart earlier today.

Tamiya M51 Casting effects.

I used Mr Surfacer 1000. My first time using it. Thoughts?

Glad I used this stuff outside my truck. I may have ended up higher than a kite. :frantic

cast1_zpsop2tmynh.jpg

cast2_zps4vnffcxp.jpg

cast3_zpsh9tg4fvq.jpg

cast4_zps83sfhbpc.jpg

Back