• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 Complete!

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 Dot Filter

Neet-O! The effect is so subtle, I almost cain't see it! :ro:

Thanks fellas! It's supposed to be subtle, I'll add rain marks after the pin washes.

:drinks

Thanks guys! I was hoping to have it done by this weekend, but did too much goofing off. :laugh:

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 Streaking 2/16/2020

Somebody queue up the Ray Stevens album, let's add some streaking. I sealed the dot filter layer so that effect isn't disturbed by this technique. I used a couple colors of enamel based paints to make small vertical lines, allowed them to dry a few minutes, then wiped them downward with a brush dampened with enamel thinner. You can do this as many times as you want, if you remove too much, hit it again. After several passes, I'm liking it.

hee6e30b.JPG

h70b9c02.JPG

hc4d3f06.JPG

h02ef34c.JPG

Getting closer.

he2863ee.JPG

he8b0ca2.JPG

h86355f4.JPG

The hatches will be open, I just let them close as it's easier to weather a flat surface. That's all for this week, much more to come. Thanks for dropping by.

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 Streaking 02-16-2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzoUu7w-YM
Lt. Cmdr Obvious strikes again!
Nice piece of Panzer! I expected nothing less.
:notworthy

Looking Sweet...or Streaky...as it were! :D
:v

That is looking good!

(y)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback! There's more schmutz to come.

Back