• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Challenger2 -Finished / Thanks!

Tamiya Challenger2 - decals.

Thanks, Bob!
Thanks, Ian!

Back from a couple of weeks on the East coast. DC, Shenandoah NP, Colonial Williamsburg. Great trip.

Time to get busy! Get it done!
I tried to get a little bit of color variation on this monochrome beast. I attempted some highlights and shadows on the lower side skirts as well. Next, a satin clear coat to help with the application of the pin wash and shadow effects.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

IMG_3534.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

v318

Thanks, Bob!
Thanks, Ian!

Back from a couple of weeks on the East coast. DC, Shenandoah NP, Colonial Williamsburg. Great trip.

Oh hell, I was up there the weekend of the 9th. Came up the Shenandoah, who knew traffic would be so thick. We came back down through Charlottesville and Appomattox. Probably passed each other on the road. :dude

Looking great Bill. :soldier

Thanks, James!
Thanks Terry!
Thanks Luiz!
Thanks, Bob! That would have bee cool to have met up with you. Bob?
Thanks, Mike!!
Thanks, Jeeves! You too Jeeves. We were there on the 4th. Great fireworks.
Thanks 135e!

A little bit of progress.
Working an enamel pin wash (raw umber and black mix) around the details after a clear coat. I’m still working on the right combination of surface sheen (flat, satin, or gloss) and wash consistency (paint to thinner ratio). I’m spraying Tamima flat colors for the base coats, so you have to get a smooth surface to get the pin wash to capillary into the corners. I’m reluctant to give a heavy gloss coat for fear of losing detail. You know!

First pass on the figures. My first time trying to represent camouflage on a uniformed figure. I’m generally pleased.

Thanks for checking in. Keep at it my modeling companions!

Cheers,

Bill

Chal_-11.jpg

Chal_-13.jpg

Chal_-12.jpg

Chal_-14.jpg

v367

Looking good, Bill!

Check out the guys doing the mambo! (y)

Tamiya Challenger2 - pin wash and figures.

Superb modelling Bill. Looks really good at this point, much more to do ?

Ian.

Nice job Bill, good before and after shots of the wash and cleaning it up. (y)

Thanks, Mike! ...or the twist, Macarena,... :facepalm
Thanks, Mike!

.... much more to do ?
Thanks, Ian. Not a lot. I think some scratches and dust, and the tracks, and it will be a wrap. Maybe this week. Hang in there.

Thanks, Bob.

Cheers,

Bill

Wow..just wow. The mambo is a pretty cool way to top it off!

Thanks, James!
Thanks Terry!
Thanks Luiz!
Thanks, Bob! That would have bee cool to have met up with you. Bob?
Thanks, Mike!!
Thanks, Jeeves! You too Jeeves. We were there on the 4th. Great fireworks.
Thanks 135e!

A little bit of progress.
Working an enamel pin wash (raw umber and black mix) around the details after a clear coat. I’m still working on the right combination of surface sheen (flat, satin, or gloss) and wash consistency (paint to thinner ratio). I’m spraying Tamima flat colors for the base coats, so you have to get a smooth surface to get the pin wash to capillary into the corners. I’m reluctant to give a heavy gloss coat for fear of losing detail. You know!

First pass on the figures. My first time trying to represent camouflage on a uniformed figure. I’m generally pleased.

Thanks for checking in. Keep at it my modeling companions!

Cheers,

Bill

Chal_-11.jpg

Chal_-13.jpg

Chal_-12.jpg

Chal_-14.jpg

v367

Your doing an amazing job!! I'm not familiar with the "powder coat" technique. Gary

Back