• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Challenger2 -Finished / Thanks!

Tamiya Challenger2 - pin wash and figures.

Thanks, Luis. sorry I missed you on that last reply.
Thanks, Smurf!
Thanks, brb!
Thanks, 135 eng. No powder coat, sorry.
And Thanks, Paul!

..... I'm not familiar with the "powder coat" technique. Gary

Thanks, Gary! Uh, yea... There is no "powder coat" on this build unless you count powdered pigments.Thats's just one of those catch phrases I picked up from watching (I think it was) "American Chopper". Those guys were always " ... almost ready to send the frame, tank, and sheet metal out for paint and powder coat" . ...Always with some stupid deadline that they had to make for drama. :pp

I gave the tracks a coat of dark grey Tamiya acrylic, let it cure for a few days then gave it a rust enamel wash. I let that cure up for several days, then applied a pigment wash with pigment and mineral spirit to the tracks and the wheels. The paint thinner does not set the pigments permanently. I cleaned off most of the pigment with a flat brush and my fingers. When satisfied, i fixed the pigs with Valejo acrylic resin diluted with water and sprayed on with the airbrush.

As you can see, The work on the wheels, (painting, washes, and pigments) was mostly a waste of time 'cause it's not visible. Oh well. :idonno

Almost... there.

Thanks for looking and for your continued patience.

Cheers,

Bill

Chal-7~1.jpg

Chal-6~1.jpg

v419

Tamiya Challenger2 -back on tracks.

Nice work, as always. Rock on, Bill! :ro: :drinks

Wow that looks good. I like the look of the canvas sand skirts alot. Well done. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
James

That suspension & wheel layout is so British... and that's a good thing !!. Like you say, Bill almost there and looking great.

Ian.

Bob...
Gary.....
Mike........
James................. Thanks All of You (y)
Ian...........
Luiz.....
Tom...

Aaaaaand …Roll credits.
Lets call this one done. I only lost a couple of parts this time. This old dog is still learning.
Thanks for your patience.
Questions and comments welcome.

Cheers!

Bill

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

v450

Bob...
Gary.....
Mike........
James................. Thanks All of You (y)
Ian...........
Luiz.....
Tom...

Aaaaaand …Roll credits.
Lets call this one done. I only lost a couple of parts this time. This old dog is still learning.
Thanks for your patience.
Questions and comments welcome.

Cheers!

Bill

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

v450

great work & plum Purty that is

Tamiya Challenger2 -Finished!

Hey! Thanks everyone who looked in and passed on a kind word. :ro:

Thanks to: Luiz. Your work keeps me coming back and trying again. Bob, It's all you! Peaches back at 'ya. Jeeves, Thanks Big Daddy! Thanks Ian! Much appreciated. Thanks Mike! Keep up the good work. Thanks, Christian! Model on! Thanks, Thin-Mike! Keep plugging away at that back-log! Cheers! Thanks brb! Still waitn'n on your half-track. see ya soon! Thanks, 1/35engineer! You're tail end charlie and I'm out of platitudes. Just kidding. Keep it going here. We enjoy the dialog and discussion. Keep up the good work.

It was a fun if long build. Could of, would of , should of ... Didn't! :side:
Next!
Maybe wrap up some of those queens. :idonno

Thanks again for looking in and for all of the support. (y)

Cheers,

Bill

:soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier lept, lept, lept, height, lept

v478

Back