• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 38cm Assault Mortar Sturmtiger

Thanks everyone. I tried adding the PE front fenders...I really did...but then I felt the sanity slipping away....

Got the main scheme on...except for fixing the parts where the tape pulled off like on the front side... :bat

Still need to add the small bits of the ambush scheme, paint the tools and figgie...and then weathering!
100_8250.jpg

100_8251.jpg

100_8252.jpg

100_8253.jpg

Looking good Jeeves. Maybe you can spread some Silly Putty or similar masking agent around that 'hole' and repaint it yellow. Except for the rough edges, it almost looks like it fits there.

Keep plugging; this is looking great! I really need to find my 1/72 scale one and start it.

Been at the observation work all day...took a break to add some of the ambush camo...
100_8259.jpg

100_8260.jpg

And a peek at the shell inside....
100_8261.jpg

Thanks Luiz :)

Dave-- just like the side of the box ;) Do you think it needs more or is it good as is?

Just started the weathering stage...not doing too much since they were barely used. Still need to work on the figgie!

100_8275.jpg

100_8276.jpg

100_8277.jpg

100_8278.jpg

100_8279.jpg

Good progress - not sure I like the dark drips from the pistol port, I think it needs more finesse.

As to how far to weather it, I think anything goes...

Sturmtiger_235-ww2shots-army.jpg

Thanks Bob, Terry, James, and Luiz!

John-- I totally agree. I did not know what those were as I am sadly lacking in reference materials...but knowing they are pistol ports now makes that look real silly ;) I'll clean that up right away- many thanks!

Back