• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 38cm Assault Mortar Sturmtiger

Well boys ;)

I am hoping to grab up the Miniart Farm set so I can place this on the farm they are scavenging from ;) Figure they're making provisions for more than one meal ;)

This is the one-- anyone know of anyplace in the US? It says it's available but I'll be darned if I can find it in the usual places....#36018

http://miniart-models.com/index.htm?/1-35_Dioramas.htm

Hey Mike - don't know if you found this yet, but I just bought a couple of these Mini-Art dio kits off of Amazon. Not sure where they are coming from, but Amazon handles all that dirty work!

HTH
Skinny Mike

Actually just pulled the trigger last weekend-- won't be here until late Feb or early March as its coming from the Ukraine but I couldn't pass up $33 and free shipping

Well-- got the base from Yuri....and unfortunately the sheds definitely take up most of the base space-- certainly no room for the huge Sturmtiger...might have to forego using it for this one and maybe grab a German field kitchen for it instead....

In the meanwhile- here is my progress-- Tamiya's indi tracks are done- and brought to you by Jameson's Irish Whiskey...
100_8209.jpg

I'm not crazy about the fit of the hull to the resin sides...might have to pause with more Jameson's and debate my approach....
100_8210.jpg

Thanks all!

Yeah-- I have to look at my putty to see what state its in...been using homemade sprue filler but I don't think that'll work with the resin sides....

Thanks Warren and Terry!

Was planning on painting after my eye appointment yesterday but I ended up getting my pupils dilated which always throws me for a loop lol

Did your mini-art kits show up like mine, a bag of parts and the un-assemble boxes? It was effective, but I sure got a chuckle out of it. :laugh:

Keep up the good work!

Yes it did ;)

But there are some great SBS tutorials on their website for the whole process that I plan on utilizing

And the first coat of paint on the beast-- have some touching up on filling to do and another coat....
sturm2~0.jpg

sturm1~0.jpg

Back