• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 35009 = Pz II or III = Accuracy of?

Tankbuilder

I want a 1/35 scale Pz II and eventualy a Pz III to but at a very low price because I just want to show the size difference. I don't want to pay over tthree times the price that the Tamiya 35215 kit is nor tthe five times price of the Tamiya Pz III with the Master Box Afrika Korps figures included in it.

Seems to be some confusion as to whether the tamiya 35009 kit is a Pz II or a Pz III.

Which is it?

Also, I know it's a very old release (one of the first) and therefore I wonder how accurate it is size wise. Is the hull on this kit oversize? Is the kit reasonably accurate in dimensions?

Thanks and cheers from Peter

I would say there is no doubt the the 35009 is a panzer II. One only has to look at the road wheels and supension and compare to the Panzer III. While there are some design simularities between the two that's all. The kit is reasonably correct for a kit that came out in 70's

h73f11cd.jpg

h855a039.jpg

Thanks MrT. I was at the shop this morning to get my King Tiger, saw that the kit I asked here about was a PzII and bought it too.

Cheers from Peter

Thanks MrT. I was at the shop this morning to get my King Tiger, saw that the kit I asked here about was a PzII and bought it too.

Cheers from Peter

Did you get a Tamiya King Tiger or one of the other varities?

B)

Hi,

Have this Pz II on my latest dio (Germans in the sand)
As Mr.T said, reasonably good, except for the tracks, which I replaced by Friuls.
The included figures are out of date for todays standards, if you want the best: don't use them.
Oh and the exhaust cover is wrong, should be perforated, scratched one myself.

Succes, willem

Cheers from Peter

Did you get a Tamiya King Tiger or one of the other varities?

B)

I had a 25% off card so I decided to get the Tamiya 35252 King Tiger - Ardennes Front as with that card it was the same price as the Tamiya 35164 King Tiger would have been. The Ardennes one has a motorcycle kit and rider too.

Cheers

Hi,

Have this Pz II on my latest dio (Germans in the sand)
As Mr.T said, reasonably good, except for the tracks, which I replaced by Friuls.
The included figures are out of date for todays standards, if you want the best: don't use them.
Oh and the exhaust cover is wrong, should be perforated, scratched one myself.

Succes, willem

Thanks Willem.

My biggest concern was whether it was accurate in regards to the hull size. I wanted it in order to help show the increase in the size of tanks during WW2.

Cheers

Back