• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 2015 Mazda Miata curb side

Paulw

The last couple of weeks I have been clandestinely building this Mazda for a friend of my wife. Ultimately it is all black and quite a challenge for me because I don't really do gloss paint jobs well.
20211116_115750.jpg
20211116_115038.jpg
20211116_115755.jpg

Since I got the eye surgeries out of the way I thought it time to finish the black paint job. X-1 for the base coat and a color sand and polish. I then laid a tacky coat followed by a wet coat of X-22. I am pleased with the way it came out.

20211123_152736.jpg
20211123_155513.jpg
20211123_155519.jpg

This will be followed by some rubbing out and a polish later.

That looks geat, Paul. Don't do like me and mess with it too soon. Let it get cured really hard. How's the eye?

Well the eyes so far see 20/20 and the Miata is done. There are some spots on the finish but since this is my second car build in 50+ years and I am quite satisfied. It is different for me to do a high gloss finish and I am thinking of maybe doing another car in the near future.

Being that you chose pretty much the hardest color to get right in regards to shine and finish, that gloss looks great from what I'm seeing of it and the build turned out great. Glad to hear that the ordeal with your eyes is working out bro.

Being that you chose pretty much the hardest color to get right in regards to shine and finish, that gloss looks great from what I'm seeing of it and the build turned out great. Glad to hear that the ordeal with your eyes is working out bro.
Thanks Bro. I appreciate it a lot.

Back