• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/72 P-47D

jeaton01

What a great kit, nothing but fun. I robbed some P-38 tanks from my Airfix F-80 scrap heap, and a 75 gallon tank from an Academy P-51D kit. The kit has only bazooka tubes and paper tanks, but the paper tanks were not used in the Pacific. This scheme is for the 69th Fighter Squadron which operated in New Guinea and the Philippines.

I could have weathered it more but in 1/72 it's so easy to overdo it, and what I did do is hard to see in the scale.

0192p47.jpg

0222p47.jpg

0202p47.jpg

0272p47.jpg

If you hadn't of said it was 1/72 I'd never known! Looks great. I like the photo with the fuel truck.

Thanks, everyone. The markings are in the kit, as an alternate to the scheme on the box art. I'm working on a Hasegawa 1/72 P-38J now, it's like I'm back in the 60's again. Well, except for the fact that I am old!

Back