• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero (Zeke) IJN

Hi Alex,

I am enjoying following your build :dude :dude

You Doc's have some interesting stuff to work with, how long does it take for the bonewax to harden?

Randy

WOW seems like you just finished one Doc, I guess your on fire with the building thing .. excellent fix & great attention to detail ... :pilot

Thanks everyone,

Randy, the bone wax takes about 1-2 hours to harden enough so that you can start trimming and cutting it. The complete process takes about 6-8 hours. Still, the best thing about it is that with some "heat" it can soften again and you can start it all over.
This way has been designed as a "plug" for the small channels in the bone with contain vessels and bleed when cut; it should only keep them plugged enough time for the blood to coagulate on its own.

There is always a great deal of "surplus" (expired) material you can get in an OR: for example, all my aerials are done with surgical suture (PDS 5-0 and 6-0), which would have been discarded anyways... ;)

I hope I will get some work done today. Pictures to follow! :Hiay

Cheers

Alex

Hello again,

So I was able to get some work done last night. Here is the basic painting + some weathering + a flat coat. The Mr.Color (Gunze) paints are amazing. I am happy with the results. See for yourself. Next week I will try to put it together.

Nice weekend everyone!

Alex

h37cf34c.JPG

hab91f12.JPG

hf72da36.JPG

hf65b29e.JPG

hef5495a.JPG

ha8f4678.JPG

h36d82e3.JPG

h779220f.JPG

h7043a69.JPG

h2bd924b.JPG

h0bc9e85.JPG

From this point forward we will probably have members hanging around hospitals hoping to get handouts :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Bone Wax. Never heard of it before... Frau is an orthopaedic surgeon, so she's knee-deep in the stuff, I could start a franchise !!

Ian.

Well, Ian, I can only recommend you get some surplus from her and use. It is really good.

So, it's getting there. Slowly but surely. I am proud of the work so far. I am reaching uncharted waters here...

See for yourself:

h118a9db.JPG

hccd36fb.JPG

hfbab1b4.JPG

hff77808.JPG

hbb52513.JPG

he636f2a.JPG

h45a7785.JPG

Now the cockpit is ready. And it fits!

h66b6675.JPG

h5f4b921.JPG

hcc9403b.JPG

And general assembly is completed:

hd80468a.JPG

h9a64d1a.JPG

Cheers everyone,

Alex

Motoring along here :good: Hope you straightened the pitot tube . :coolio

Is that interior the kit with PE added ? If so, it looks really good . (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys,

Yes, the cockpit had lots of PE added to it. Amazing level of detail for a 1/72 aircraft. I guess those guys at tamiya know what they are doing, and the guys at Eduard even more.

The pitot tube was corrected as soon as I took the photo. My bad.

I am hoping this build will continue working out well, I am so happy to see progress in my craft. Thanks again all of you for the help and suggestions.

And now it's time to put the little one to bed. He loves that I read him from a book with tractors, trucks and bulldozers... A modeler in the making? :hmmm

Cheers

Alex

Hi everyone,

Busy week so not enough bench time. This is the progress so far. In the first 3 pics the Zero is primed and salted, the last 2 after Mr.Color treatment and some chipping before the decals.

Thanks for looking

Alex

h323b6b0.JPG

h275abc8.JPG

hb050b94.JPG

h6879aa9.JPG

hdd1b663.JPG

Back