• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 Zero Akagi 7-12-41

dollar19

I started this one some time ago as an entry in the Call To arms Group Build. Needless to say, I never got around to finishing the GB or the model.

I'm finishing it up now and instead of resurrecting the original thread, I'm just going to start here with a new one.

The kit was basically assembled and ready for paint. So...... today saw it getting the control surfaces painted and masked off, a black preshade and a top coat of the final color.
After weeks of reading every thing I could find especially at j-planes and a seriously long and involved battle on ARC concerning the merits of gray, gray-green, jute, bamboo, caramel, sage, and amerio; I opted to use WEM Colorcoats ACJ-16 Mitsubishi grey-green. The short story.... it pretty much matches the color IJN used on the ZERO, based on relics recovered from downed planes. Nuf said whew!!

So here what I got to show.......

Zero001.jpg

Zero002.jpg

Zero003.jpg

Zero004.jpg

This has to be said.... NO!!!!!! :woohoo:

That is not the right color :blink

It is off by three angstroms! :bang head

Why can't you people do it MY WAY.... :vmad

Great looking AC amigo....

I am working on a Hamp...

So close to the (unfortunate) reality, Barney :unsure: . Very smooth paintwork, keep it coming.

Ian

Dollar's Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 ZERO

I started this one some time ago as an entry in the Call To arms Group Build. Needless to say, I never got around to finishing the GB or the model.

I'm finishing it up now and instead of resurrecting the original thread, I'm just going to start here with a new one.

The kit was basically assembled and ready for paint. So...... today saw it getting the control surfaces painted and masked off, a black preshade and a top coat of the final color.
After weeks of reading every thing I could find especially at j-planes and a seriously long and involved battle on ARC concerning the merits of gray, gray-green, jute, bamboo, caramel, sage, and amerio; I opted to use WEM Colorcoats ACJ-16 Mitsubishi grey-green. The short story.... it pretty much matches the color IJN used on the ZERO, based on relics recovered from downed planes. Nuf said whew!!

Zero001.jpg

Zero002.jpg

Zero003.jpg

Zero004.jpg

Thanks guys!

I now have a thread started in the SHELF QUEEN catagory. I'll post up dates there.

Give a fella a chance to do his thing... :smack Just got back on the bench and you're already getting :smack Gotta tighten up Gramps. :coolio

Moved. :mpup

Dollar's Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 ZERO

You know you can finish this on Second Chance campaign?
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/second-chance-deja-vu
Just ask one of the Mods to put this in the campaign list :drinks

Zero001.jpg

Zero002.jpg

Zero003.jpg

Zero004.jpg

Yep , the terminal color question . At least I like the research posted at J Plane.

Good for you, I like it already . :good: Hard to tell it apart from Gunze Hemp color

Cheers, Christian B)

I like it (y) (y) (y) Now all you have to do is figure the correct shade of red for the Hinamaru<sp> for the rivet counters :tomato :rotf
James

:bang head
Thanks guys!

I now have a thread started in the SHELF QUEEN catagory. I'll post up dates there.

Give a fella a chance to do his thing... :smack Just got back on the bench and you're already getting :smack Gotta tighten up Gramps. :coolio

Moved. :mpup

ok boss.....won't happen again. :facepalm

From the looks of my sitting around waiting to be completed pile I may be spending some time here.

Ok just found, yet another, thread on this one...thinking about how many old dead Campaigns you had to roll over till you found the original Shelf Queen campaign...:rotf

So it's git'er done time, just color it grey and tell them others it's right enough. :popcorn

Just dont forget you can complete an old campaign build and get that campaigns ribbon on second chance.

Back