• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom's Turttle

Here it is after a couple of days masking and painting :hmmm Last color is on, the dark brown. Will let it set for a couple of hours and then start pilling the masking off and see what I end up with :idonno I really hope that there is not too much touch up needed as I am 'bout done with masking for a while!

r180_145514.jpg

Ernie

Masking is off, some touchups will be needed, but not too bad. Could be worse!

000008.jpg

235952.jpg

Colors are all Ammo of Mig right off the color guide in the kit. I am going to let this set now for a couple of days to make sure all the paint is fully cured then will work on smoothing the edges between the colors as needed and also re-mask and tweak some of the color outlines. But at least all the colors are basically on there now.
Ernie

Nice job Ernie! I got the same paints for mine. I am debating brush painting just because the masking is going to be a chore!

Mike

Masking is off, some touchups will be needed, but not too bad. Could be worse!

000008.jpg

235952.jpg

Colors are all Ammo of Mig right off the color guide in the kit. I am going to let this set now for a couple of days to make sure all the paint is fully cured then will work on smoothing the edges between the colors as needed and also re-mask and tweak some of the color outlines. But at least all the colors are basically on there now.
Ernie

Outstanding! :dude

Nice job Ernie! I got the same paints for mine. I am debating brush painting just because the masking is going to be a chore!

Mike

Thanks Mike! I had considered brush painting, but because I suck horribly at it I went with masking. It was not too bad using a couple eggs worth of Dollar Tree Silly Putty. Either way, just plan ahead a bit.....the color areas on the painting guide do not always match from view to view, some colors show up on the side view for example, and when you check the top view they do not show up, or are a different color. Even the box top art is different from the color guide for the same vehicle :bang head Oh well, hopefully I have captured the "feel" of the paint scheme these vehicles carried.
Ernie

Looks good! You going to add the black lines around the colors? (y)

Yeah, the black outlines will be added, but first I need to refine some of the shapes of the various colors as they do not meet up cleanly or smoothly. Once those areas are fixed then the outlines will be added.

Ernie

Back