• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TACO!!

ErnieS

Okay, so I admit I know nothing about this little guy :idonno I have never ever built one of these type models before but in the spirit of the campaign I though it would be fun to give it a try. I found this dude on E-bay from a Chinese seller for $20.00 which I figured was reasonable as I have not much idea about this area of the modeling hobby, so if it does not turn out well I have not broken the bank on a more expensive kit. It is 1/35 scale and made of resin. It looks well cast and detailed with minimal pour stubs. Soooo the adventure begins.....

The parts are all separately bagged depending on what they are for, body, legs etc.

This is what he should look like when all done.....no instructions come in the kit, you have to copy them from the E-bay listing. The only difference is I got the rocket armed version; it was the same price and I was not sure which I liked best, so still not sure if I will add the 4 rocket tubes or not???? :hmmm

The only casting flaws I have found so far are a slight mis-match on each side of the body where the mold was split to remove the casting.

So anyway, this looks like it will be kind of fun and certainly a learning experience for me :ro:

That looks kind of neat. You could let you imagination go wild with paint schemes on this too. I'll pull up a chair for this one too.
:popcorn
James

Oh that looks like its going to be fun to build and paint. Any idea what paint scheme youre going to do?

Oh that looks like its going to be fun to build and paint. Any idea what paint scheme youre going to do?

Hi Dave, I was thinking perhaps a desert splinter scheme similar to what the British used in WW II, but with slightly modified colors. Something along the lines of a tan base with light blue and yellow random splinter shapes??
Ernie

Back