• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ta 183 is now finished!

matrixone

At last, the Amtech Ta 183 is finished and here are the pictures.

This Ta 183 was built as the Ta 183A-1a version with the Junkers Jumo 004B turbojet instead of the planned He S 011 engine.
The airframe design was finalized but the development of the advanced He S 011 engine was lagging behind so the first 20 airframes used the Jumo 004B and my model represents the 8th production Ta 183A-1a produced by Fieseler in September 1945.

hf1e492f.jpg

Below is a drawing of the Ta 183B, compare this to the above drawing.

h76c11e2.jpg

Teaching pilots to fly the new fighter went smoothly compared to the trouble the Luftwaffe had with the Me 262 in 1944, that is probably because the pilots of the disbanded He 162 units were selected...if they could fly the He 162 and survive they could fly anything! ;)

Even though the Ta 183A-1a version was slightly underpowered it could still fly rings around anything the Allies had including the P-80 and Meteor so it was popular with the pilots but there were still losses because of being so outnumbered and eventually most of the Ta 183A-1a's were lost except for W.Nr. 603008 and after so many hours of combat it was deemed no longer fit to serve as a frontline aircraft anymore and was used as an advanced trainer so the former He 162 and Me 262 pilots could gain some experience with the flying qualities of the 'wonder weapon'. Such worn out advanced aircraft like W.Nr. 603008 were marked with a large white ''S'' which stood for 'Schulmaschine' a practice that began with the Me 262 a full year before.

Here is a rare wartime color photograph of W.Nr. 6003008 on the flightline, behind it can be seen a Mimetall built Ta 183B.

h0f8c9f9.JPG

Here are the pictures of my model...

he91a539.JPG

h11a91aa.JPG

h8f13b84.JPG

h284cbd6.JPG

h11518f6.JPG

ha04b6c5.JPG

hab2972c.JPG

Matrixone

No hyperbole, Les. This is the best looking model that I 've seen you build. Simple as that.

Ian.

Thanks very much Ian! I like worn out appearance of this model... its a bit over the top but I still like it.

h740ef8e.JPG

heac47c2.JPG

hb41fa11.JPG

hb6e9f94.JPG

h0b782ab.JPG

h7214dd1.JPG

h0eaf248.JPG

Matrixone

Beautiful recreation of the original ..... excellent Job on chipping & weathering .... Well Done Max :eek:ldguy

"do you think you can make it to Argentina in that?" :rotf

Mighty fine finish Les. I think weathering would be right on target.

Superbly executed ,Les...The weathering is incridible....as Ian said , one of the best from yours :eek:ldguy

Best!

Luiz

Back