• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stug III F/8

Just painted the road wheels on the sprues. Something I dont usually do. I used Ammo of Mig's Early Middle German Colours.

early-middle-german-colors-.jpg

Wow did they spray nice. Hope when I get home from work I can assemble the wheels and paint the rubber tyres and do some weathering. Still a few things to install on the Stug and then prime it ready for paint. I ordered some Fruil tracks for it Even though its got a nice set of rubber band tracks. Maybe keep the Fruils for another time, maybe for a Pz III baby brother for the Tiger. We'll see.
James

Even though ak and valejo appear very similar. They are not . Valejo is far superior. Anytime ive tried to use ak the outcome has been terrible. On a seperate note I use primer religiousely no matter what paint i use over it

Well sitting at work half hour before work actually began I got the inner rings for the rear wheels done. Glue when I get home. :yipee
James

Well my luck with this is par for the course. The inner wheels I cut out were mae with the wrong material. Acetate I think. Not sure what My thought was using it but it didnt work. So put the wheels together and probably no one will notice. So dont tell :evil:
James

Well my luck with this is par for the course. The inner wheels I cut out were mae with the wrong material. Acetate I think. Not sure what My thought was using it but it didnt work. So put the wheels together and probably no one will notice. So dont tell :evil:
James

https://youtu.be/4ksNsG0nftg :laugh: :drinks :soldier

Gr,Ron.

Even though ak and valejo appear very similar. They are not . Valejo is far superior. Anytime ive tried to use ak the outcome has been terrible. On a seperate note I use primer religiousely no matter what paint i use over it

I'm with you....Anything that does not claim to be Enamel or lacquer deserved a coat of primmer .

Hmmm , I wonder about the Vallejo verses AK . Since they all come from Spain I suspected that it was all manufactured by the same people.
I can however tell you that tamiya paint vary widely between model color/Air and Game . Even their primers are very different from one another .

Cheers, Christian B)

So primer before bed and yellow this morning. Afterwards I saw that a couple of pieced missed the boat. Will paint them separately and add after. Also the rods on the side slipped somehow. Oh well.
Next up some cam and weathering but first the Honey Do list.

DSC06540.JPG

DSC06541.JPG

DSC06542.JPG

DSC06543.JPG

DSC06545.JPG

DSC06546.JPG

I love how this paint went down. Absolutely thrilled with it.

James

Nice work James.

I've been having issues adjusting to the AK and MIG paints myself, until I found an instructional video on YouTube from MIG on using his Ammo paints. the key is very thing layers followed by a shot of air to dry each layer. Have been having good luck with both ever since. Apparently they are just not very forgiving like enamels and the lacquer acrylics or what ever Tamiya and Mr. Color are. :gogo

:soldier

I have not read that one James - thanks for the tip!

I think the camo turned out very well. It will look great under a bit of a wash.

Mike

Back