• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stug III F/8

I have not read that one James - thanks for the tip!

I think the camo turned out very well. It will look great under a bit of a wash.

Mike

Lent it to a buddy to read. It is one book that I think is wsorth every penny.
I think the cam will do. Markings and then a wash and weather and I think it will look good. At least I hope so.
James

Looks good, James. It will look even better under layers of filters and pin washes.

Having watched Rob paint in person, he makes it look very easy and explained the steps as he went, so the book ought to be a must have.

:drinks

Some detail painting started and a preliminary wash.

DSC06559.JPG

DSC06560.JPG

DSC06561.JPG

DSC06562.JPG

James

:rotf

More soon. Been sick and havent done anything for a while. Last night I got the tracks built. Hopefully I'll be able to start painting them when I get home from work tonight. Will post pics then Mike :)
James

Managed a bit more of this yesterday also. Just need a dull coat, some more pieces, and a light dust coat and I think it is done.

DSC06606.JPG

DSC06607.JPG

DSC06608.JPG

Kind of dumb in after thought to have the shield up and gun in place as the loader cant open his hatch.
James

Looks good, James. You going to add the spare road wheels on the mounts at the rear deck?

(y)

Thanks guys. I will Mike. Also have the cables to add and am trying to decide if I will have Jerry Cans on the back shelf or what. I cant wait to get the dull coat on to tone down the oil paints and I think a lite dusting will set it off just right. Almost there.
James

Back