• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stug III F/8

jknaus

Administrator
Well I have totaly lost all interest in modern stuff since my run in with a flag. I have tried to finish stuff but to no avail. So here is a Stug III F/8, Italy. Some pieces were removed beforehand to help with a review I did on the Stug IIIE.

DSC06516.JPG

DSC06517.JPG

DSC06518.JPG

DSC06519.JPG

James

Little bits and pieces of modeling until today when I got a lot done. What a frustrating kit. As usual some misnumbered parts to throw confusion in as if 4 sprues labled A were not enough. You really have to watch the colour of the callout. This is good through as you get a lot of spare parts for the spares bin. What is ver frustrating though is no number for the rear deck hinges. They just appear. No number for the front armour plate either, its just there. And the so called last straw just occurred. All of the Panzer III / Sug IIIs have PE rings on the rear return sprocket. They are clearly shown in the instructions but they are not on my piece of PE. Search through box and nada. Look at parts list and they are not even given. Will have to cut some from .010 sheet I guess.

DSC06520.JPG

DSC06521.JPG

DSC06522.JPG

James

Well let the annoyances continue. Sprayed AK interior at 5 psi undiluted and it pooled and beaded. What crummy paint. Maybe a bad batch? Will have to make a custom mix with Tamiya some time. Bogging down in the stupid stuff now it seems. Frustrating.
James

Didn't I read somewhere that the AK stuff needs a primer to lay down right, or was that another brand?

This is over primer. Any of the acrylics requires a primer I find or they pull up and act weird.
James

Well let the annoyances continue. Sprayed AK interior at 5 psi undiluted and it pooled and beaded. What crummy paint. Maybe a bad batch? Will have to make a custom mix with Tamiya some time. Bogging down in the stupid stuff now it seems. Frustrating.
James

Had the same thing happen to me with AK Interior, totally worthless, give me tamiya paint every time! Good luck with your Stug,
Tom

Okay good to know but unfortunate. I sprayed Flat white today but the thing will be buttoned up. Should be able to get more done tomorrow and some more pics.

Well Hey it is rolling along so kudos there! I too have found the Dragon kits to be frustrating boogers (spelled as intended)

Back