• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Strachwitz's Panzerbefehlswagen III Ausf. K

Great choice of subject Laura ! I just love those oddballs. You don't see such a model too often I guess. Great work with the brass also. Those fenders can be a pita at times. Have fun painting it !

Sven

Hi Laura,

Nice looking model you got here! You got a very clean and professional build specially thinking about all those PE details, half of that would have drove me insane! :laugh:
Looking forward for more WIP pics
Cheers,

Juliano

PS...with a ´soundtrack` like the one you choose one can´t go wrong! Keep it up!
J.

Congrats on this built Laura.

The PE job you did is really good , but why no Aber clamps etc , they look more realistic those from Eduard.

I love those historical builts , looking forward to the paintjob !

Grtz

Kristof

MAGNIFICENCE !!!!! You go girl !!!!! :ro: :ro: :ro: :ro:

I love all the photoetch , you have done a super duper fantastic job and I am proud of you ! (y) :mpup :mpup :mpup

Lets rock this build thru ! :ro: :ro: :ro: :ro:

Jenny :kiss:

thankyaverymuch everybody! :) :D

Kristof Pulinckx wrote:
but why no Aber clamps etc , they look more realistic those from Eduard.

very easy - lawrence has sent me the eduard set for the panzer 3, so i used the clamps from that set!

well ... colortime! after priming with automotive red primer i applied a gentle amount of plain black as preshading ... business as usual! then i remembered an awesome paintjob from markus and thought i should give it a try, so i applied some desert yellow as prelighting, followed by darkened panzergrey applied sparingly!

i'm very curious how the end result will be!

Duce - Krieg oder Frieden

prelighting1_20100110_1727044732.jpg

prelighting2_20100110_1314921688.jpg

grey1_2_20100110_1096531082.jpg

grey1_1_20100110_1471304051.jpg

g060.gif

Hi Laura.

This is looking better and better everytime I see it (y) . And I like the pre lightening idea. I remember seeing the Sherman that Markus did over on the old site, and have wanted to try it, but this looks interesting also. Maybe even a combination of pre shade and pre light to have as a base. And call me stupid, but I still don't know what the "cup holder" thingy is on the back of the cupola :idonno .

Gary B)

Hi Laura
Nice looking panzer. I think, I'll try preshade and prelight on my XHH GB.

Gary, I think that "cup holder" is the basket for playing basketball at rest :silly: :)

Laura , very nice work !!!

I'm interested in the final coat of paint to see how the under coats work .

Gary,I'm sure you've heard of an eye cup , for washing out your eye .
Well this happens to be a German Heer issue cahone cup .......................... :blush:

Kreighshoer wrote:
that's a smoke candle holder!

Very close Laura! While it is indeed a candle holder, it is not for smoke but a scented votive candle. It is usually used by commander's before a battle, praying for success.

OK, I am just being silly!

Returning to the thread's topic, it looks great and I can't even see where you had the problems.

Regards,

the advantage of getting up at 5 o'clock in the morning and painting between 6 and 7 a.m. is that one can do another session in the afternoon!

plain tamiya panzergrey very sparingly and tamiya brown over the sand yellow! the rest will be done with brush and oils!

Feindflug - Kahle Bedrohung

grey2_1_20100110_1564082189.jpg

grey2_2_20100110_1936330613.jpg

g060.gif

For this to have had such a rough beginning I think this is the best one you've done since i've been coming around the site Laura. :woohoo:
Once all the trimming is done it's going to be a killer model. B)

Nice work Lady
Tony Lee

Looking good. BTW the little basket has nothing to do with candles, votive or otherwise, it is a message basket.

thanks guys!

i had very little benchtime lately but managed to sneak upstairs three times (days) and go wild with oils! i'm still by far not finished but i made some progress to get this babe to the "i like it dirty, i like it grim, i like it nasty" stage!

i'll continue tomorrow when the latest step has dried - next update? sometimes!

and i'm in 80ies dark wave mood again at the moment: Kirlian Camera - Eclipse

weathering1links1_20100122_1792403674.jpg

weathering1rechts2_20100122_1781720558.jpg

weathering1oben1_20100122_1498810618.jpg

g060.gif

(y) :notworthy (y) :notworthy (y)

It is really starting to look good. And to think that you were ready to throw it against the wall about a month ago because of the fenders :pinch: . And now it looks just fantastic. I can hardly wait to see what the final view looks like.

Gary B)

Back