• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Strachwitz's Panzerbefehlswagen III Ausf. K

Hi Laura :)

That looks just georgous beautiful to me :batt . Those fenders look like there was never any problem at all (y) . I was curious though, did the vehicle you are modelling still have the main gun, or is it a dummy?

Gary B)

G Cooper wrote:
I was curious though, did the vehicle you are modelling still have the main gun, or is it a dummy?

this vehicle is special in any regard as it has a pz4 turret with a 5cm kwk L/60 that was never mounted on a regular pz4! (to answer your question: yes - real firing main gun!)

Looking great to me, I used the pin method on my Stug III E to hold on the PE fenders. Great minds think alike!

thanks for the kind words john! :)

well - i managed to do the engine deck this morning but this surely will be the only work today ... i need to relax! and celebrate rudy's birthday! :)

i had a strong urge to hear the out-of-this-world guitar play of wayne hussey so The Mission - Garden Of Delight was my choice today! (oh that guitar! that wonderful guitarplay! wayne hussey = god of 12 string!)

enginedeck_20100101_1314923503.jpg

after submitting this post i noticed in the pic that me drongo glued on the hinge in the right down corner the wrong way! this is corrected in the meantime!

g060.gif

That looks good to me. And as far as the hinge, I have read more than once that these hinges on both the Pz III and Pz IV were put on with not a lot of attention to such things as which way they are arranged. So long as they were on, and they worked, no one ever worried about that kind of thing. So unless you have specific photos of this vehicles engine deck, it is something that you could let go as it is.

Gary B)

thanxalot gary! B)

i turned around the hinge in question anyway since this was annoying me tremendously!

i moved on to the turret today - nothing special so far! the only strange thing i noticed was a hole close to the commander cupola (seems to be the mounting location of the periscope pilz) that i had to close with stretched sprue!

i added the LHS grenade launchers but didn't want to do the wiring ... maybe i'll add that later, but only maybe!

Steinkind - Deutschland brennt

turretlhs_20100102_1620887116.jpg

g060.gif

Hi Laura.

That is a good looking turret.And I like the weld bead along the turret roof. Are you going to do welds on the whole turret, or just the top?

But how could you do the "only maybe" for the wiring on the smoke launchers :idonno ? I would think that the clips and other hardware on the back of the racks would be the difficult part. The wires are the easy part. It's just wires :laugh: .

Gary B)

Laura , very nice work !!! ........ Your pe came out sweet and the fender problem seems handled .

Is that a Chuck avatar you've got there ?

thanks glennman! :)

uff! i'm through with the construction sans the tracks! i never thought i would reach this point!

my very special thanks go out to "mighty ninja"/lawrence for the pe and the fenders! my disappointment with the fenders and frustration with the pe resulted mainly out of the reason that i didn't want to dissapoint lawrence! many thanks lazzo - this kit really needs the pe to look acceptable!

in the meantime the tank is primed and waiting for the black basecoating!

New Order - Blue Monday

constructiondone1_20100106_2057741722.jpg

constructiondone2_20100106_1310343326.jpg

g060.gif

Laura I love it!! :woohoo: This one of best looking tanks I've seen. :notworthy All those tools and clamps are just neat. Can't wait to see it painted. :ro:

Terry :D

WOW well done Laura. The time spent on the PE is gonna make this a winner for sure. Can't wait to see paint on this too!

Ant

I still don't get how you can paint all that stuff on the build. I know you've shown me but still... :mpup

Hi Laura.

That looks so cool B) . I have always liked the Pz III with the long 50mm. And this little kit with the twist of the Pz IV turret is just amazing. I love it all. But I am just a little curious about what the little basketball net looking thingy on the turret cupola is?

Gary B)

thanks guys for all the positive feedback but believe me, if you stood in front of it you wouldn't repeat what you said! right now i'm fiddling with the RHS tracks (read: have to do the RHS run!) - LHS is done!

and of course, i don't know why the 2m stabantenne broke away! i know that i didn't touch it but the connection weakened more and more after priming! i drilled holes and ca-glued the antenna back in place!

i'll be so glad when this one is out of the way! there's a curse on this model, i tellya!

G Cooper wrote:
But I am just a little curious about what the little basketball net looking thingy on the turret cupola is?

agentg wrote:
That's Strachwitz's cup holder. No self respecting Panzer Commander would be without one. :silly:

although adolf galland let his mechanics weld an ashtray in his bf-109 cockpit so that he could smoke his beloved cigars while flying, strachwitz didn't have that much spleen and so this isn't a cup holder!

that's a smoke candle holder!

Back