• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SS-Unterscharführer - in progress

ArturM

Hello,
I've just started boxart of first figure from upcoming Mantis Miniatures release. The SS-Unterscharführer (Ardennes 1944) figure is in 1/35 scale, sculpted by my friend Laurent Borget. It is first of a pair. I will post more progress pics asap. Any comments are welcome, as always :)

The head is redy.
kam1.jpg

kam2x.jpg

Best regards :side:
Artur

Looks like another amazing sculpt ready for your beautiful painted boxart . How long does it take you to paint ? ie when will this be released ? Do you do skin tones in oils or acrylics ?

Jenny :kiss:

I think about 10 days... I hope :)
I'm waiting for second figure from Laurent and also have to paint it. Both figs should be available about half of October.
I'm using acrylic base (light sand brown) and oils to paint other.

regards
Artur

Dear Artur.

...amazing flesh tones...and the helmet camo looks so real!...and this one is one of the best from Mantis that I've ever seen until now...

Thanks for sharing!

Luiz.

Well we will need a more detailed step by step if I am going to get my Oakleaf as good as yours ! Acrylics for that ?

Hi guys,
thanks for comments.
Figure is still in progress but I hope to finish it till Monday.

DSCN4409x.jpg

DSCN4408x.jpg

DSCN4407x.jpg

Best regards
Artur

Dear Artur.

...very well done...the trousers and smock camo pattern matched ok with the scale...realistic so much!:dude

Best!

Luiz.

I really love how you captured the reverse scheme on the hemline of the smock , very impressive . I love the shading on the belt buckle , amazing stuff .

Excellent work! Can't wait to see the finished figure.

The camo patterns are superb. Are you painting those with acrylics? Can you give us an explaination of the methods of painting that you use to creat the camo effects?

Thanks my friends!
First figure is almost done (I need to add weapon belt and some weathering). Second SS soldier is ready to paint and I'm starting it. I will try to make few fresh pics tomorrow. I'm painting in oils so I can't give you exact mixes for shadows and highlights. I'm using acrylics only for base colors, so they couldn't be perfect. I'm always trying to get a colors like on the reference materials. Any pics, photos and magazines are very important and useful during painting and mixing paints. Generaly I used brown and yellow ochre, orange, black and white to make a camo colors (Talens oils).

Scenic base is from Darius Miniatures.

DSCN4418x.jpg

DSCN4414x.jpg

DSCN4419x.jpg

Best regards
Artur

ARTUR,

Yeah Baby !:ro: These Guys are lookin HOT !! I like the New figure with th MP44. I'm looking forward to these next few steps !!

Great JOB !! (y) (y) :notworthy :ro:

ERIK

Hi

Cant wait to see this develop,from what has been done so far this paint job is going to be stunning looks nicely cold to .

Cant wait to see more

Back