• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SPITFIRE MK. I "LICKITY SPLIT SPIT" ALL DONE"

Re: SPITFIRE MK. I "LICKITY SPLIT SPIT" ROUND 5

Ok it's paint time!! First however the canopy had to be masked. That done I painted the top surfaces Tamiya red brown. When the red brown was good and dry I added the RAF earth tone paint while doing some panel shading. I think I like it. No time for do overs. :laugh: Here are some pictures.

Terry B)

DSC07752.JPG

DSC07754.JPG

DSC07755.JPG

DSC07756.JPG

B)

Yummy is the right word for this build: things are looking fine, Tee! :v What a good job on that pilot, mate: he looks as if he's going to take that bird to the air any moment now. :dude As with some other posters, I also liked the antenae - you gotta show us the trick to such a taught "wire"! ;)

Bottom line: get on with it... we're all waiting, although we already know it's going to be a beaut! :coolio

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Yummy is the right word for this build: things are looking fine, Tee! :v What a good job on that pilot, mate: he looks as if he's going to take that bird to the air any moment now. :dude As with some other posters, I also liked the antenae - you gotta show us the trick to such a taught "wire"! ;)

Bottom line: get on with it... we're all waiting, although we already know it's going to be a beaut! :coolio

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Thanks Fernao!! Hint: stretched sprue well at least this time. ;)

B)

Re: SPITFIRE MK. I "LICKITY SPLIT SPIT" ROUND 6

More paint! Camo! Last night I applied the camo. The kit supplied a 1/35 scale paint diogram which I used to mask the plane. It seems to have worked pretty well. After putting on the paint I gave the whole plane a Mars black oil wash. Here's where we are now and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07757.JPG

DSC07759.JPG

DSC07760.JPG

DSC07758.JPG

DSC07761.JPG

DSC07762.JPG

DSC07763.JPG

B)

What's going on at the wing root in the last picture?

Oil wash still not dry last night.

B)

AH! Didn't mean that to sound critical, didn't know if that was an effect you were going for.

Looking really good! :popcorn

:pilot

AH! Didn't mean that to sound critical, didn't know if that was an effect you were going for.

Looking really good! :popcorn

:pilot

:laugh: I didn't take it that way. I don't like the color of the brown. I'm going to have to do something about that. It seems to be too lite to me.

Terry B)

Maybe some Ovaltine? :D

How does it look now that it's dry?

Re: SPITFIRE MK. I "LICKITY SPLIT SPIT" ROUND 7

Well Mike I'm glad you asked. Last night I went to work and did some more panel shading both the green and the brown. After that I clear coated the top surfaces before masking and painting the under surfaces this morning. Tonight I'll be doing some panel line washes and maybe some decals. Here's some pictures and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07764.JPG

DSC07765.JPG

DSC07766.JPG

DSC07767.JPG

DSC07768.JPG

DSC07769.JPG

B)

Back