• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Spitfire IXe * * F I N I S H E D* *

ij001

Kit: ICM
Paint: All enamels
Decals: Carpena
Extras: Ultracast: Wheels, Prop & spinner, Gun barrels
Eduard: Zoom set

Supermarine Spitfire IXe
340 Squadron 'Ile de France'
January 1945

Spit.jpg

Spit1.jpg

Spit2.jpg

Spit3.jpg

Spit4.jpg

Spit5.jpg

In forty-three years of building models this is the first MkIX Spit I have ever completed !! - Fought me for every single inch of progress, even the last coat of matt varnish, which because it's so warm here, simply dried as soon as it hit the plastic, and went 'powdery'. I'm building a Hasegawa IXc alongside this and given all the 'issues' we know about the Hasegawa kits' dimensions, I prefer it simply because it's gone together without any struggle whatsoever.

That's all from me for 2012. HNY everyone. See y'all in January with the aforementioned Spit, and a Hurricane As ever thanks for taking the time to look, I'll happily answer any questions, comments and criticism.

Ian

Nice Spit . Unusual to see one in French markings.

Some builds are like that . Too bad about the paint. If you were using Acrylics I could offer some suggestion but I gave up on enamels years ago.

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice build. I have an ICM Spit laying around somewhere and on first inspection it looks like a very nice kit. What are the other problems you had beside the paint?

HNY to you as well.

Joe

If you want to cut the powdering look, spray a light coat of gloss and it should cut it. VERY light though.

(y)

Beautiful. I really like the scheme also. You see so few French a/c. Really nice work (y) (y) (y)
James

Back