• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Soviet ASU-57 assault gun...DONE!

Soviet ASU-57 assault gun

Ok, last pic before I attempted weathering! I had just finished the basic painting!

For the weathering, I didn't have any of the fancy AK or Mig stuff, no track wash or oils to apply filters so I just worked with my acrylics, pigments and a pencil.

For the tracks, I mixed up some Tamiya XF-64 brown, some flat black and a bit of thinner and painted that on. Once it dried, I went over it with some brown/rust pigments and then dry brushed some X-10 gunmetal on for some highlights.

For the body, I thinned out some XF-63 German grey and brushed it on in a few areas, thinned out some XF-72 brown to add to some of the crevices and then touched up the worn areas with rubbed pencil lead.

To try and simulate some mud under the sponsons, I mixed some brown pigments with Micro Crystal Clear and then rubbed it in. Then I dusted more pigment on top!

Then I gave the thing a dullcoate.

That's about it! It was quite a challenging little kit but overall, it was fun! Tracks are a pain in the a$$ but it was an interesting experience!

Hope you like it!

BAMN!

I dig it Warren, old school weathering, nothing wrong with that! (y)

Hats off for finishing that dog of a kit and it looks so much better than out of the box!

Regards,

Bob, James, Paul, Luiz, Dave and Saul,

Thanks very much guys! I'm glad I was able to finish this one before the last minute for a change!

It was a fun little build, I won't rule out future armor subjects but I think I'll stick mostly to aircraft!

Back