• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sopwith Pup (Gnome) B1803 113 Home Defense Sqn

jknaus

Administrator
Going to try and do a Sopwith Pup (Gnome). Seeing as I just got the kit I'm itching to build it. The one I want to do I was going to add rockets to even though it probably never had them. Unfortunately I noticed it had no armament which I find really odd for a Home Defense (HD) Sqn. So looking at decal options and found a one I liked but it has a weird cowl. Then I went and looked through the WNW hanger and found one of my Sopwith Pup RFC kits. Low and behold it had the Pheon decals I wanted and the resin cowl. All that was missing was the Gnome Monosoupape engine. Okay it all came together. I took the decals and cowl from the RFC kit and put them in the Gnome kit. Now to start building. But wait, I have to finish the Straight Flush and RQ-7B first. Got both primed and just need to paint. As they are drying I can start this.
Sopwith Pup B1803 of 113 (HD) Sqn RFC in Throwley England August 1917. Flown by 2Lt. A.B. Garnons-Williams. Its a 100HP Gnome Monosoupape engine and carried the markings of his former unit the South Wales Borders Regiment.
box.jpg

cowl.jpg
GW.png

James

The one I wanted to do had no gun and Noone I talked to knows why. I can't find any reason anywhere Bob. Mike the kit does have rockets but in the instructions it states none of the schemes were likely to have had them installed..
As for aerodynamic rigging, probably not as it is so hard to get stuff at the moment.
James

Back