• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

So, what do you do for a living?

Virginia ? Don't even remember the name of the town but it was the barter theater . We definitely plan to go back for other productions. It was brilliant .

Closer to home, we like the Flat rock theater also.

Will definitely give you a heads up.

Cheers, Christian B)

The name of the town is Abingdon.

Ive never been to Flat Rock, but I've always heard good things about their productions. I'll have to check them out some time. We do 20+ shows a year here, usually 4 shows a day 6 days a week. How do you say busy? :gogo

To bring home the bacon I have been managing a HobbyTown , and I do custom paint on R.C. bodies for people . The manager gig pays the bills the custom paint supports my addiction to plastic.

To bring home the bacon I have been managing a HobbyTown , and I do custom paint on R.C. bodies for people . The manager gig pays the bills the custom paint supports my addiction to plastic.

Worked in the steel industry for 21 years, scheduled a production line (Tension Leveling Line) that produced sheet steel coils used for making every white goods you can think of plus car body panels, roofing steel, any sheet steel used for any product etc - scheduled the line for the three shifts, day, afternoon and night, total tonnage per 24 hours was around 900-1200 tonnes, until one day was told my job there was not needed anymore due to ''multi skilling'' - so took VRS voluntary retirement scheme - payed the house off - now living the good life - Retired!

Now the same production line produces for the three shifts - 300 tonnes per 24 hours! Go figure..........

SCADA - Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition :geek

That means our customers sit their posteriors comfortably in a nice seat and watch the screen / screens to see what's going on in the field and can also control their assets remotely.

My area of expertise is IT in general, have been doing it for 25 years now although my formal education is in Mechanical Engineering, Shipbuilding to be precise.

That doesn't sound confusing at all does it :blink

I have had a great many Jobs. I sold aftermarket automotive & OE Heavy Duty truck parts. I d.j'd in an area country bar for 5 years. I worked on a deep water drilling rig, in the Gulf, and a local soil boring outfit. I spent a good deal of time in Middle Management in Auto & Truck repair facilities. :bang head I was shop foreman in a Volvo Collision Center. :bang head I am 7A & 7B liscenced to apply structural & subterranean Pesticides. :stinker
Currently I serve my third tour, as an employee of a Plumbing Company, as an Apprentice Turd Surgeon. Escaped the rat race B4 my first anyurism!

My Sea n' Sky company does Honor Model builds for Veterans, and refinish work for promotional die cast models.
My continuing relationship with the Naval Aviation Community is a joy to me.

I'm a geek, with caloused hands.

I'm a bit of a jack of all trades. I'm officially a qualified dental technician (my interest in model-building helped me here), but have been working in IT full time as a QC/QC/Test Manager for the last 14 years.
I can also add chief logistics clerk at an air force base, high-tension electric worker, armature winder, fast food chef and manager, alarm and telephone installations, bricklayer, carpenter, roofer, car mechanic, perfume manufacturer and insurance salesman to the list of past jobs!

I can also add chief logistics clerk at an air force base, high-tension electric worker, armature winder, fast food chef and manager, alarm and telephone installations, bricklayer, carpenter, roofer, car mechanic, perfume manufacturer and insurance salesman to the list of past jobs!
Sounds like most husbands :D

I'm a bit of a jack of all trades. I'm officially a qualified dental technician (my interest in model-building helped me here), but have been working in IT full time as a QC/QC/Test Manager for the last 14 years.

Dental folks always have the coolest tools and stuff. (y)

I put bread on the table in the IT world also. Client Service is what they call it now, desktop support, but I'm actually Server/AD guy who's misplaced in a global support system. It happens don't it...

Sounds like most husbands :D

But do husbands do these professionally? I can actually list them on my CV ;-)

lol

:rotf

I get bored easily, my resume looks like a help wanted section threw up on it.

Machinist
Drafter
Engineer
Designer
Dock Attendant
Greenhouse Worker
Sales Rep
Photography instructor
Ski Instructor
Roll Cage and Race Car Prep
Photojournalist
etc

Just found this thread and figured I would jump in here.

First off I want to thank all of you who are or were in the military, police and fire departments, you are all truly heroes. :drinks

As for me, I'm an aerospace engineer working for one of the big aerospace/defense companies, specializing in weapons integration. I truly love my job and it helps keep my plastic collection and my wife's shoe collection growing! Bonus there!

Skinny Mike

lol

:rotf

I get bored easily, my resume looks like a help wanted section threw up on it.

Machinist
Drafter
Engineer
Designer
Dock Attendant
Greenhouse Worker
Sales Rep
Photography instructor
Ski Instructor
Roll Cage and Race Car Prep
Photojournalist
etc

Renaissance man! Never stop doing, and learning. Two thumbs up. (y)

Cheers,

Bill

Back