• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Skinny_Mike's Hasegawa A-4M - WITHDRAWN

Skinny_Mike's Hasegawa A-4M

Mike, I understand your pain
deadhorse1.gif

Cheers, Christian B)

There's an emoticon we can use... :good:

Damnit Mike, your build caused me to pick up one of these little Scooters. :smack

:rotf

More to come soon Bob!

Thanks for stopping by Mike!

Looks like a lot of work, but I'm sure it will look amazing when it's all painted up. Are you leaving the canopy open?

Typically I do, and am planning to for this build, but you never know what will happen.

deadhorse1.gif

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for checking in Christian, it is painful but the results are always worth it!

I wish it was that easy... :blush:

Alway appreciate your encouragement James.

Damnit Mike, your build caused me to pick up one of these little Scooters. :smack

Happy to help!!!!!! LOL - its actually a great little kit. Once i get through the pain of the cockpit, it should fall together rather quickly.

Speaking of the pit. I ran into a little bit of a problem. It turns out I installed the side wall to far Aft. So I very carefully pried up the resin piece and then repositioned it. I am honestly using the parts to try to place this thing correctly, but I found out that I then placed it to far forward. :bang head This time the IP won't fit. :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head So I pried it off again, and this time the sidewall piece didn't survive. :( But i really didn't expect it to. So a quick trip to everyone's local hobby shop - Sprue Brothers has resulted in a replacement pit on the way. Its actually probably a good thing, with all the mods that will have to happen to this pit to get it to properly fit, it won't hurt to have some back-up parts for it. USPS should have it in my grubby little hands this weekend, so I don't think this little set back will hold me up too much.

Stay tuned - more on the way!

Mike

More to come soon Bob!

Thanks for stopping by Mike!

Looks like a lot of work, but I'm sure it will look amazing when it's all painted up. Are you leaving the canopy open?

Typically I do, and am planning to for this build, but you never know what will happen.

deadhorse1.gif

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for checking in Christian, it is painful but the results are always worth it!

I wish it was that easy... :blush:

Alway appreciate your encouragement James.

Happy to help!!!!!! LOL - its actually a great little kit. Once i get through the pain of the cockpit, it should fall together rather quickly.

Speaking of the pit. I ran into a little bit of a problem. It turns out I installed the side wall to far Aft. So I very carefully pried up the resin piece and then repositioned it. I am honestly using the parts to try to place this thing correctly, but I found out that I then placed it to far forward. :bang head This time the IP won't fit. :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head So I pried it off again, and this time the sidewall piece didn't survive. :( But i really didn't expect it to. So a quick trip to everyone's local hobby shop - Sprue Brothers has resulted in a replacement pit on the way. Its actually probably a good thing, with all the mods that will have to happen to this pit to get it to properly fit, it won't hurt to have some back-up parts for it. USPS should have it in my grubby little hands this weekend, so I don't think this little set back will hold me up too much.

Stay tuned - more on the way!

Mike

You have just stated the exact problems that I would relate to having with resin cockpits :blink

They do however look great when you do figure it out.

The first cockpit details I ever saw were made by Cooper details. They came with hand drawn instructions and measurements as to how to install them in the kit. A very classy act that I have not seen since.
Unfortunately, he only produced a few different kit and sold his business a long time ago.
A 1/72 BF 109 cockpit only cost 3-4 $ and were as good as anything on the market now . Sure miss his work.

Cheers, Christian B)

I hear ya Christian! The instructions from Aires show how to assemble the pit relative to itself. Any help with placement sure would have been nice! But like you said - the end result is typically worth the trouble. :good:

Well guys - I have some bad news. In my efforts to get the Aires pit into the fuselage, I have removed more plastic from the kit then I should have. It would probably be repairable, if I had any idea how this should all look installed. :bang head That being said, my frustration levels for this guy are just way to high so I am calling this build quits.... for now.

If no one objects I'm going to start another build, probably the T-38 I originally talked about, although the new Airfix P-40B that I recently acquired is really tempting... :hmmm

Sorry to all the Scooter fans, but I know when I am defeated. :unsure:

Know when to say when. No sense in getting frustrated. You can always come back to it later with a clear head. :good:

Back