• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Signup for Charlie Don't Surf!

Hi there.

Since this is a group build with a long time frame until it ends I figure that I might as well do a couple of other models besides my Huey Slick diorama.

So I will be building a M-109 or M-110 diorama. I will also build a third smaller diorama with just my Tamiya M-113 Fire Support Vehicle as a tribute to the Aussies.

I'll get the images with the newspaper taken soon.

Cheers from Peter

OK but we only give out one ribbon or medal per GB, haven't seen any oak leaf clusters yet. :mpup

I figure that I need to get my hands dirty with a group build, and as it was pointed out, I need to get away from my "super-braile scale" -- So I have a 1:48 Riverboat somewhere in the stack of "oversized" models... Count me in!

//Travis

moon puppy wrote:
OK but we only give out one ribbon or medal per GB, haven't seen any oak leaf clusters yet. :mpup

Thanks Moon Puppy.

No problemo with getting only one ribbon. I got a couple of the kits shortly after joining this forum because I was inspired by the other works and ideas on this forum. I'll probably do the M-113 Fire Support Vehicle as an oob build. I do have an idea wherein I could use some other figures and weapons to complement it is a scene.

Cheers from Peter

You sure can!! I'll be watching your 48 I want to do one real soon.

Terry B)

Absolutely, all you have to do is post a picture of the unbuilt model and something to verify the date and you're in.

I'd like to sign up as well. I'm thinking either an NVA tank or maybe a French vehicle if that time period is allowed?

The rules say anything in the Vietnam war. Just let us know what your plans are so we can update the build summary. An NVA tank would be great!

Terry B)

Put me down for either an NVA tank (T-34 or T-54/55) or a French Chaffee at Dienbien Phu. I'll know more when I get home and check my stash. Since it is a year long build, I might just do both of them.

:laugh: Well I am in too :laugh: .

I have an Aussie centurion with some Voyager PE , Firestorm wheels , decals and stowage , indi tracks and some figures from Bravo 6 which I will be doing reviews for as well .

Jenny :kiss:

Some Aussie armour! :woohoo: Excellent choice Jenny. I will also be watching this build also as I’ve got one about 2/3rds built.

Back