• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Signup for Charlie Don't Surf!

jenny croft wrote:
:laugh: Well I am in too :laugh: .

I have an Aussie centurion with some Voyager PE , Firestorm wheels , decals and stowage , indi tracks and some figures from Bravo 6 which I will be doing reviews for as well .

Jenny :kiss:

Sounds great Jenny!! I put you on the list.

Terry B)

Dug through my stash (after moving this last time, I now know how truly sick I am) I found almost all my kits that I can use for this GB

002_20100817_1616815823.jpg

Still need to find my PBR, but I'm setting on a Tamiya M48A3 with AFV Club track. Now if I can finish this in time maybe I can get another one done.

039_20100817_1780204911.jpg

Hope last weeks newspaper is okay

Ok im jumpin in with a 1/35 lvtp 5 adding the hobby fan resin interior and the hobby fan recovery conversion.

026-3.jpg

025-4.jpg

024-5.jpg

After looking at all that resin again I have to ask myself am I nuckin futs to do this .
Naw this is sanity......modeling .
Just dont laugh to hard as I strugle through this.

This is going to be a really cool project! Remember resin is just the other plastic. Just take your time you got a year. Well almost a year.

Terry B)

You guys just need to start a new thread with your start photos to sign up. then we'll update the summery page.

Normally I dont use this much resin , but I got a really good deal and my first thought was the tnt build . I got everything for 60 dollars US. I could not pass it up and like i said the first thing i thought about was TNT .

I'm signing on a little late but getting into this none the less.

Count me in with a 1/48 Fujimi AH-1J Sea Cobra.

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

Holy Cow!

You guys keep comin' up with some awesome projects for this build. Very inspiring!

Peace and Love,

DioRandy

Sign me up too...
I'll be working with the Dragon Vietcong figures...
Thats Mr. Victor Charlie to you. :huh: :evil:
It will be a dio, but I don't want to spoil it. :eek:hmy:
You know me, it will be something out of the box.
Way out like always... :silly: :silly: :silly:
I will post my start picture later this week with the
local news paper...
I guess it's time to break out the old vinyl records and crank
up the 60's tunes... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I'm going back to my childhood.
Shawn

I have several projects that I plan to work on this year after taking a break from the hobby for 5 or 6 years.

I already started and completed two single figures of US Infantrymen in August.

I will be starting on a thrid this weekend of an Austalian Infantry Scout (actually one of my buddies who served in Vietnam in 1971 with the Australian Army and then immigrated to the US and joined our Army. He's retired now and I am making it as a Veteran's Day gift for him)

Then throughout the course of the year I will work on onther stuff. I just depends on what kits are released and what I can create during the year. One problem I always seem to have is sticking with my original plan. The first two single figures were originally going to be part of a diorama, but since I need something to enter in an upcoming show, I decided to forego the original diorama idea and go with two single figure entries instead.

I look forward to seeing what everyone else is working on.

Cheers!
James

Welcome to the build, James!

Sounds like you could have a platoon of figures completed by build's end.

Peace and Love,

Randy

JamesOLeary wrote:
I have several projects that I plan to work on this year after taking a break from the hobby for 5 or 6 years.

I already started and completed two single figures of US Infantrymen in August.

I will be starting on a thrid this weekend of an Austalian Infantry Scout (actually one of my buddies who served in Vietnam in 1971 with the Australian Army and then immigrated to the US and joined our Army. He's retired now and I am making it as a Veteran's Day gift for him)

Then throughout the course of the year I will work on onther stuff. I just depends on what kits are released and what I can create during the year. One problem I always seem to have is sticking with my original plan. The first two single figures were originally going to be part of a diorama, but since I need something to enter in an upcoming show, I decided to forego the original diorama idea and go with two single figure entries instead.

I look forward to seeing what everyone else is working on.

Cheers!
James

Glad to have you James! Let me know what specific project you intend to do for this build and I will add you to the list.

Terry B)

Terry,

Since most of my works are of single figures or multiple figure vignettes which do not take nearly the time one would take for an armor diorama or an aircraft, could I just do a project of a collection of several single figures and multiple figure vignettes that convey the various types of experiences faced by all services and sides of the Vietnam War? For example, the first two single figures I made are of Infantrymen carrying heavy rucksacks in the Central HIghlands, then the next that I am working on is of a buddy of mine who was in the Australian Army in Vietnam, then I plan on doing a figure of a Riverine Soldier of the 9th Infantry Division in the Mekong Delta. Future figures would also depict Marines, clerks, door gunners, support personnel, medics, truck drivers, MP's, ROK's, ARVN's, VC, NVA, etc until I run out of time on the build. Would that be OK? It would be too difficult for me to choose just one figure, especially since I can crank them out in a relatively short time and new figures are continuously being produced. I hope I can do my project as a collection like you sometimes see as entries at some model shows/contests.

Thanks.
James

JamesOLeary wrote:
Terry,

Since most of my works are of single figures or multiple figure vignettes which do not take nearly the time one would take for an armor diorama or an aircraft, could I just do a project of a collection of several single figures and multiple figure vignettes that convey the various types of experiences faced by all services and sides of the Vietnam War? For example, the first two single figures I made are of Infantrymen carrying heavy rucksacks in the Central HIghlands, then the next that I am working on is of a buddy of mine who was in the Australian Army in Vietnam, then I plan on doing a figure of a Riverine Soldier of the 9th Infantry Division in the Mekong Delta. Future figures would also depict Marines, clerks, door gunners, support personnel, medics, truck drivers, MP's, ROK's, ARVN's, VC, NVA, etc until I run out of time on the build. Would that be OK? It would be too difficult for me to choose just one figure, especially since I can crank them out in a relatively short time and new figures are continuously being produced. I hope I can do my project as a collection like you sometimes see as entries at some model shows/contests.

Thanks.
James

James figures are fine! To start your project just round some of your figures up and take a picture of the the unstarted kits along with something with the current date on it like a newspaper and you will good to go.

Terry B)

Thanks, Terry.

I just posted a couple photos that I had taken when Shawn first told me about the build several weeks ago.

I'm going to call my build "The Vietnam Experience in Miniature".

Have a good one.
James

Hello

I saw this groupbuild a bit late and I like to participate. Is it possible to participate with a project that I started but still in building state?

Johanna

Sorry Jogy, we are a bit strict about everyone starting with unbuilt kits. But you are more than welcome to join in with something. We have several Group Builds coming up starting in January with the Bomber Command!

Jogy's Ontos with extra stuff

Ok, no problem, I have another project for this groupbuild that's not started.

I like to signup with the Ontos and a lot of extra stuff.
001-Materiaal.jpg

I will start soon and I have also planned to put some figures to this project.

Johanna

Re: Jogy's Ontos with extra stuff

Excellent Jogy just start a new thread and we can all enjoy your progress :)

Back