• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Signup for Charlie Don't Surf!

I am doing a MacVSog recon team from CCC doing a prisoner snatch from a Zil-157 on the ho chi minh trail. Iam using Trump's Zil and Bravo6 Seal(converted) and prisoner. B)

Only thing I followed was Prisoner Snatch but you're in Ryan. Sounds ambitious, looking forward to it.

Mac V Sog were Special forces recon units that operated in Laos, Cambodia and North Vietnam. Recon teams were 2-3 Americans and 4-6 Nungs or Montenards (spelling?) They would sometimes dress and arm themselves as NVA. Of the 3 uncles I have/had 2 served in SOG. One was lost Nov 3 1969 (Strangely enough, everyone dies in Nov in my family, last 182 years worth) in Laos the other served 5 years(plus one year in a line recon unit for a total of 6 years in Vietnam) in SOG and won the MOH in 1970. I have worn my MIA/ POW braclet for my uncle since I was about 8, Iam 38 now.
http://www.macvsog.cc/

I have a PACV and an Australian Centurion to build. I don't want to think I must finish them within a given time period so I an not sure I should join. In a year, I can make a lot of progress. If I don't have to make promises... I may dip my toes in.

Fair enough?

If so, I can help with the GB too as I am familiar with this war (lost many family members (physically and mentally) in this Area of Operations). ;)

For clarity, can it be all of South East Asia involved in the conflict? Such as: Laos, Cambodia, and such?

Regards,

There had been some discussion in the ranks about making GB a year, I don't recall any objections. I would need a year to commit also.

Oh, yeah, I'm in. I've been waiting for this like an 8-year-old on Christmas Eve.
I can finally start building Academy's M113A1 A.P.C. with Legend's Accessory Set and Fruilmodel's metal tracks; the entire line of Bravo 6's Platoon series (11 figures in all) plus their 5-man Australian SAS team and Evolution Miniature's American Marines two-figure set. Yes, that's 18 of the highest quality figures available. In addition, I've collected various accessories, such as two sets of Verlinden's C-rations and Pegasus Hobbies' pre-fab sandbag set.
I may also re-model an old Tamiya M113 to show the effects of running over a mine.
This will be my largest, not to mention most expensive, undertaking to date. It took half my tax refund to acquire. I'll also be dedicating this diorama to my buddies in the local VietNow chapter in Rockford, Illinois. They're the Charter Chapter. They started it all and I'm extremely proud to call them my friends.
So, look out, Charlie, we surf!!
Randy

sharkmouth wrote:
I have a PACV and an Australian Centurion to build. I don't want to think I must finish them within a given time period so I an not sure I should join. In a year, I can make a lot of progress. If I don't have to make promises... I may dip my toes in.

Fair enough?

If so, I can help with the GB too as I am familiar with this war (lost many family members (physically and mentally) in this Area of Operations). ;)

For clarity, can it be all of South East Asia involved in the conflict? Such as: Laos, Cambodia, and such?

Regards,

Sorry I missed this Saul. I think that's up to the moderator and originator of the GB. Since you're dippin' your Moderator's toe in here and Randy is here, y'all make that call as far as I'm concerned.

Hi there.

I'm doing a Revell 1/32 scale Huey Slick and will be using a mix of figure parts for some US infantry figures to go with the scene.

Cheers from Peter

Got you guys down.

You all can start anytime. Need the newspaper dateline and unbuilt kit(s) photoed and you can get going.

I havent done a Gb in a while, and this one cooincides wih a GB for my IPMs club. So count me in. I'm looking at doing an M41 Bulldog for the club GB, but for this one, I'm leaning towards something with rotors.

You guys just start a thread with your subject with the unbuilt kit and newspaper headline and we'll have you signed up.

Back