• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Signing off for a week or two

Heavens Eagle

Not completely, but the desktop is getting shut down and taken to another room so they can do my bedroom floor (hopefully this week). While I have access with my tablet, it is marginal these days at best.
So off to get the computer and corner hutch torn down and moved out.

More time to model!

Regards,
Had to put my computer back together and hook things up basic to pay a bill. Bedroom is down to concrete. Had the libby dip-wad at work (who hasn't said more than 20 words to me since I got over the Wu-Flu) complained about my Fw-190 night fighter because it has a small Swatzi on the tail. "Someone might be offended" God I hate the PC buggers and their perverted hate speech. It is a model of a historic object and as such it has all the markings.

Can't model until all this crap gets done and I can put my sleep room back together. For now that is in the Hobby/build room. I am still looking in on my tablet when I can, but what a pain.

head beat on wall.gif

Wow, glad to hear things are moving along, despite the drawbacks. Gee, I wonder when your co-worker became such a crybaby. I'm guessing he was bullied in his youth.

Hang in there my friend, it'll be great to see your work again once all this is done.

Thanks Mark! They were supposed to be finishing this up this week.....

And.......

Another delay, so I set up my basic computer needs on a small table in the bedroom. Can tear it all back down in less than an hour. Am soo tired of all the crap.

Now supposed to start next Monday.

Your liby coworker is probably offended by the American flag too. "Lets go Brandon" Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

It really makes it hard to be happy at work when you have one co-worker that you can work with and around as well as just be yourself. Then there is a lump that just comes in works, makes snarky comments once in a great while, and is someone that you can't work around as it "bothers them".

I finally this week have told the boss that I am "quite" unhappy about this guy (along with my good co-worker saying the same thing). He has asked me if I want him fired and I have danced around that one, but it is exactly how I feel, and I am sure the boss figured it out.

As centaur said this twerp is a bit of a sheeple and won't ever change. He is like the whiny kid that doesn't get his way. Basically a little :poop:. And, he has the weirdest stuff on his bench. Funky little toys. If I knew he had a gun I would be worried as I am sure he isn't really all right in the head.

Thanks guys for letting me vent a little. This has been going on with this guy for a while and has me to the point where I want to just bail and go someplace else. At this point it would be a pain in the canoli, but I could do it. Just getting tired of moving.

Hang in there. Don't let the bastards get you down, but somedays we need a longer rope. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Well this ongoing saga just is never going to end it looks like. All the flooring got done. Everything was looking good. House inside and out is better than it has been and it has a new roof, AC/heat, porcelain and tile floors. The neighborhood is decent and the neighbors are as well. Have my money from selling my house in Tulsa and was ready and set to go.

The boss and his wife (the owners now) got an appraisal on this little house, and it is F'King ridiculous. Looks like Memphis is trying to become SoCal. This house is a touch over 1500 square feet with a tight 2 car garage. The appraisal is for $225k which is crazy! For comparison my house in Tulsa is 1800 square ft with a 2 car garage and a larger lot in a nicer part of town and it is appraised at $148k!

I made the comment that that is completely out of line and my boss stated that they had received 2 offers for even more than that. Looks like I am going to be moving. I will not buy an over priced shoebox just to get upside down in the mortgage in a few years. Am also tired of the crap going on at work and around Memphis.

Time to move again! There are several opportunities around. Florida, Denver, Omaha, maybe even Oklahoma City. The owner sees his investment as big a$$ payoff, but is going to loose his main watchmaker that can do things the other guys have no hope of doing. Looking forward to the day I turn in my notice.

Housing is nuts everywhere! Friends of ours paid over 400k for a 2200 sq ft place.

I wish I had an extra house (and a car for that matter) to sell right now.

Really sucks about having to uproot and move!

Yeah can't afford to stay, and if it weren't for the fact I have been here for 15 years and in this house for 8 already, it would be a different story.

John, CA, NJ, New York, and Seattle are complete outs. I saw several wants for in Atlanta, but not really interested in going there either.

I saw several wants for in Atlanta
nope-danny-de-vito.gif

Trust me.... Nope...

If we had wanted to move anywhere else I think it would have been FL. TX would be a good option. I suspect your trade kinda requires a larger metro area. Wonder if you could build an online business in watch repair? Then you can move where you want.

I hear you and so sorry things arent better. I have issues at work also with 2 guys not getting vaccinated. One of them a conspiracy guy. But if I read company policy right they might be gone this week. Houseing here is insane with the low end around $250K. Even double wide trailers go for $200K or more and then up to a couple mil. Then there is the crime which has been increasing for years. A truck or 2 a night stolen. Etc etc. Unlike you I'm too old and broken to be able to move or find a job now so just have to muddle along.
James

nope-danny-de-vito.gif

Trust me.... Nope...

If we had wanted to move anywhere else I think it would have been FL. TX would be a good option. I suspect your trade kinda requires a larger metro area. Wonder if you could build an online business in watch repair? Then you can move where you want.
Its an interesting idea Bob. I live in a wealthy area in the UK. House prices in the South east of England are almost obscene, ave £432k with 29% between £500k and £750k. to put that in perspective thats £750k = $1m
This is not a local area, we are talking the bottom quarter of the entire country. consequently despite having worked all my life from the age of 16 in a skilled trade i have a small one roomed flat. ( currently worth about £220k or $300k )
I did look seriously at moving to a cheaper area where my brother lives but if you run your own business as i do now you need fast internet and more importantly you need good connections to UPS/DHL etc... things are better now as communications have vastly improved but as they improved so prices in those areas rocketed and now i have missed the boat.
Bottom line is if you run a business , yes you can move to a cheaper area as you dont need the employment but you do need infrastructure and that drives prices now.
As soon as i retire i will be off to the sticks :)

I hear you and so sorry things arent better. I have issues at work also with 2 guys not getting vaccinated. One of them a conspiracy guy. But if I read company policy right they might be gone this week. Houseing here is insane with the low end around $250K. Even double wide trailers go for $200K or more and then up to a couple mil. Then there is the crime which has been increasing for years. A truck or 2 a night stolen. Etc etc. Unlike you I'm too old and broken to be able to move or find a job now so just have to muddle along.
James
James the vaxx thing is controversial and I know it. I don't have any problem with someone getting it or not. That should be their decision. Truth is I believe for me it is more dangerous to get it than to just have the WuFlu and get some good old natural immunity. It is kind of sad that the maroons in charge keep pushing that it is the non vaxxed folks faults. It is simple, if you are not vaxxed and are not sick you can't be carrying the virus (or you would be sick). Those with natural immunity or vaxxed are much more likely to be carriers. People that have been vaxxed are getting the WuFlu anyway so the vaxx isn't really working all that well. Two of my co-workers had been vaxxed and they both came down with the WuFlu within a couple of days of each other. They were both out about 2 weeks and both had the same symptoms I had back when I had it in July.

The thing about the vaxx is that it is not really tested even now all these months later.
About a month ago my co-worker heard about a Baptist preacher the next county over, Ex-Marine and in great shape. Had the WuFlu and recovered 100%. Was doing great until one of his doctor friends talked him into getting the vaxx. After the first one the preacher felt sick and never started to feel better. Kept feeling bad, but his doc friend kept pushing him to take the second dose which he did. Three days later the preacher died suddenly. I don't know about you, but that is enough for me to never take that jab, especially since I usually don't get sick with the regular flu and my WuFlu issues were no big deal even at my age.

As to my house thing the boss and I talked a little today, I am not against him making his money back or even getting the full amount, but I am NOT going to put myself in a position to be upside down in a mortgage either. There is a middle ground for that and I stated that at the end. He doesn't know my decision that was made a long while back that if I had to move again it was going to be away from Memphis. That part is a done deal. If I have to pack it all up, I am out of here. I have some very special skills and abilities even over and above most others that do watch repair. Thus I have some good options currently and who knows I could end up in a much better place. Not looking forward to making a move, but if it has to be, so be it.

Paddy, I cannot believe how crazy it is over there! I guess you deal with what you can. It is crazy here as well and I can see it all going down the tube or crashing big time before it gets better. Sad but true.

Back