• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Shipping in the world is nuts

jknaus

Administrator
Now I understand why companies like DHL and Fedex etc charge so much money. Parcel leaves Melbourne Australia on the 13th and ends up in Cincinnati Ohio in customs on the 14th. On the 15 it is now in Sidney Australia. Wonder what part of the world it will visit next before it makes its way to Alberta Canada.
James

No this is the pandemic.
Parcels are following routes then finding dead ends and this is down to a total lack of flights.
I send stuff world wide every day , UK to Australia for the std airmail post is about 4 weeks at the moment . This is because all the post is stacked up at London Heathrow waiting for flights and there arn't any. I recommend UPS at the moment as packages are kept in house and UPS have their own aircraft. UK to the US is about 5 weeks at the moment std post or 2 days UPS.

Like Paddy says - it's a symptom of the huge Covid 19 spike in Victoria. My last parcel from BNA Models was posted from the shop the day after I ordered it, and was bounced around the Melbourne postal system for two-and-a-half weeks going through various clearances. When it was finally cleared it waited four days for a flight here to NZ.

It's not the Ozzies fault, James. It's simply the 'interesting times' that we live in.

Ian.

Before all the craziness started, I had a package from the UK go to Jakarta in about 48 hours. That's when tracking went pear shaped and Royal Mail couldn't even get a response on its whereabouts. About 2.5 months later it appeared in my mailbox. No idea where it traveled in that time.

Rich

Yeah I have had lots of weird mail trails. BNA has just started using DHL and i got a package within a week. This one though took the same initial route but why it went to Sydney is beyond me. Hopefully still gets here soon. Stuff from Ammo of Mig was uber expensive but got here in 3 days with a hefty Fedex customs and handling fee tacked on. Mail is still wonky and its been 2 months now waiting for my T-34/85 to arrive via snail mail. At least I have one or two kits to build while I wait. And just got informed by my 2 month old Grandson through his Mother that he wants a biplane to hang on the ceiling. So guess that will be started soon.
James

Interesting. 5 weeks ago I bought something (aluminum barrel for early Sherman M4) via eBay. Along with one item in Australia. The Aussie item required 3 weeks to SC-USA, while the item from Poland has yet to arrive

Interesting. 5 weeks ago I bought something (aluminum barrel for early Sherman M4) via eBay. Along with one item in Australia. The Aussie item required 3 weeks to SC-USA, while the item from Poland has yet to arrive

Poland seems to be especially slow. I ordered decals in early May and they took 2.5 months to make it across the pond.

Rich

"Neil" at Hannattes told me us "Yanks" (I told mild exception to that label) who visit the store brings spare baggage, unloads the sprues from the boxes and take them back to the US as carry on..Not being in boxes avoids scrutney from Customs... Arg 🏴‍☠️ .Next time I go I'm armed...:rotf

That's one thing that baffles me. I've seen it 3 or 4 times where my stuff has to go through US customs. Seeing as I'm not from the States this baffles me as it then has to go through Canadian customs. I really see no reason why the States needs to know what I buy to tell the truth.

I have to agree with you James. If you're shipping from Ukraine to Canada why would US Customs stick their nose in it?

Letterman sent me a package several weeks ago. Everyone else got theirs in a few days. Mine was just shy of 2 weeks. (but then Memphis postal service is horrible)

Shipping is crazy from this end as well. BNA Model world stuff only takes 2 days as it is in Queensland(Northern Oz) but UK and USA purchases take about 8-9 weeks.

Shipping is crazy from this end as well. BNA Model world stuff only takes 2 days as it is in Queensland(Northern Oz) but UK and USA purchases take about 8-9 weeks.
Yeah but they now use DHL for overseas. First one was a little over a week. This one is now in Alberta and supposed to arrive the 24th. So 9 days approximately. Not bad. When the covid started my parcel that should have been 4 days became 2 months.
Cant complain too much.

Back