• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman version?

Update on this Sherman. I've learned it was moved from the VFW at Attica, IN to the Lafayette, IN. VFW Post 11 this past week.
There's a good pic of the rear from the move.
Screenshot_20221117-131315.png
Screenshot_20221117-131427.png
Screenshot_20221117-131443.png

Last edited:
That's interesting, what did they do, lift it up and back the trailer under it?
Nice that it had those nifty lifting rings already installed huh.... :vgood: :dance:

Thanks to errains I know what I will need to build the "Attica" Sherman. However the Tamiya European theater Easy 8 turret doesn't have the mantlet canvas attachment points. The Korean War version does. But the canvas is on, at least in the box art picture.
Screenshot_20221118-072921.png
Screenshot_20221117-201452.png
Screenshot_20221116-195743.png

Last edited:
That's minor surgery. Didn't Terry build one without the canvas and scratched the attachment points? I think there's probably after market mantel for this as well.

No excuses...

:popcorn

I'm leaning towards the European theater version and scratchbuilding the canvas points. In some reading this feature wasn't on the WWII HVSS Sheman. The "Attica" Sherman, according to the list of these survivors, says Probably built June or July 1945. Then again there doesn't seem to be anything "normal" about this variant.

My Legion post doesn't have a Sherman. Color me envious.
My granddad's American Legion post has a Bofors anti aircraft gun. I played on it when I was little too. We would go to the Attica VFW for my Grandma to sign in weekly, I think for raffles? Grandpa would get me a 7up from the bar and I'd head outside to the Sherman. This was the late 60's to early 70's.

No Worries on the canvas cover as the turret can be built with out. I'm trying to find some examples of how to model the attachment points. If/when I find any I'll post them up.

KoreaSherman.png

Back