• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman M74 TRV

Thanks, Paul. Yes, I noted that as soon as I saw the picture! The first photo also has a little bit different pads which are what I should have, but I couldn't find any like that.

Looks good John, quick fix on the direction but low be those who actually installed them backwards in the real world, it happened.

Your reference tank has links with rubber pads on them for running on pavement. That is the difference. Otherwise you should be good to go John. Definitely a different tank for sure.

That legend kit actually look rather nice and great job on the tracks...Please Continue!
:popcorn

More progress on the M74, it's been slow because I am rebuilding a fence and building a new landing and steps on my back porch, and also because so far there's been a lot of repetitive work that just isn't picture worthy. There are steps on the boom that are made out of cut and bent .7mm brass rod, 30 of them that all should look the same. There were nubs on the boom where each goes and each of those were drilled out so there woould be more than a butt join. I lost the hook that goes on the snatch block pully on the winch, but in the long run that was probably a good thing because I think the resin hook would be very prone to breaking. I made a new one out of safety wire and shaped it with CA and dental alginate. It's laying on the bench with the cord running through it. None of the major parts are glued, everything is being done as sub assemblies to ease handling. I fell like I am starting to make some progress. I tried to make one of the pe guards on one of the hatches and nothing good happened. It's such a thin sheet that you can only bend it once. I'm hoping for better on the next one, but the part is so fragile it didn't look very tank like. Maybe there are plastic substitutes in the Tamiya kit.
026m74.jpg

025m74.jpg

It would take two people or one Bobby McPherrin, Bob. One to make the Brrraaagh sound of that big Ford V-8 and the other to make a good hydraulic squeal!

Thanks, Warren and Mike, I appreciate it.

The track are painted and installed. Since the one I am modeling has the rubber pads I sort of faked it, with a dark iron first coat, then a number of thin coats of a Tamiya flat black and brown mixture. Then I masked off all but the connectors and panted them OD. I do believe the tracks are installed correctly now...

I joined the upper hull to the lower, added the whatever that is that replaces the turret. Feels like I'm making progress now.

029m74.jpg

030m74.jpg

031m74.jpg

Back