• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman M74 TRV

Spent the day drawing up and printing the decals, putting them on and spraying on the dull coat.

Had to go where the M74 is and it was outside so I snapped a few pictures with the phone.

034m74.jpg

032m74.jpg

033m74.jpg

What better way to get reference shot. I missed that this was right down the road from you. What's the story on that?

Looking sweet! :popcorn

Looking Great John!! Having the track end connectors in OD is a Kool visual element. So looking forward to seeing move forward.
:victory:

Thanks, Eric and Bob. I think this one is done for now. I say that because there are a few more little details that I may or may not do. It's at that point where unless I work very carefully I do as much damage as I do improvement. Need a cooling off period! I tend to go too fast at the end, where I know I would be better off if that was where I went the slowest. Need more character development!

I am pleased that it was possible to make the crane pose in the working and the travel positions, that was one of my goals, and the conversion kit did provide for that so long as gluing was careful. The load is a VLS Tiger II resin engine, just enough weight to keep all the cables taut.

I will have to make a box to transport it, it is quite heavy and there are lots of fragile things sticking out everywhere. I want to take it out and share it with the friend that has the full size article, I haven't told him I was making a model of it.

035m74.jpg

037m74.jpg

040m74.jpg

042m74.jpg

048m74.jpg

046m74.jpg

Thanks, Paul, Bob, Eric, Duke, and Warren. I appreciate the nice comments and all the help along the way.

Thanks, Mike and Terry!

I just finished putting a Bandai T34/76 on my web pages that I built some years ago and forgot about getting it done on the website. It's the only other tank I've built. I used a HobbyBoss kit as a donor for the tracks and since I had a lot of leftover parts I added the Tamiya 1/48 tank crew set. The write-up is here:

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/armor/t34/t34.html

For my purposes 1/48 may be the best scale for armor and military vehicles, large enough for detail and small enough not to need Fruils!

0211t34.png

Back