• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SdKfz 251/17 Ausf. C. Luftwaffe

Great to see you in the man garage no matter how long it was for! This sounds like a Kool project to get that creativity flowing again.
:good: :popcornpopcorn

Looking good Bob! It is always a good thing to finish an old project!

3D_emoticon_231.gif

Nice session today.
1607301864716.png

1607301910204.png

I beat up the road wheels like Dr John did, looked more like I drug a dremal over them. Need to clean them up a bit more. Hope y'all like the mix match of the panels.
Going to get some stickers on it and then start washing and filters.

Looks great Boss!! Defiantly liking the mix and match of colors. Good to see you back at the bench as well!
:soldier

Icecube motivation.jpg

This is what makes us the greatest bunch of model-makers anywhere. My apologies to the White Star Line.
Are the front tires those awful vinyl ones?

Well after some consideration of my airbrushing skills or lack of, I took Dr. John's advice, caught up on some Nighthawk (Night Shift) videos and came back inspired to try again with the camo.
Checked the air regulator and found that I was reading the gauge totally wrong, or ignoring it. I was pushing 40psi through the airbrush, yeah FORTY! No wonder I had no issues thinning stuff!!! My gauge doesn't read well in the single digits so maybe santa will help a poor boy out. But I did dial it back a bit and squirted some brown again.

1608859956398.png

I'll try the green tomorrow but more of an alternating pattern rather than inside the brown.

Last edited:
Crikey Bob this is great, i only just found this thread, lead on master and i will follow :)

Back