• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz 30/4, light transporter "Katze"

Re: Sd.Kfz 30/4, Med. Infantry/Cargo/fuel transporter

Some shading done to the figures
PA080246.JPG

sone time to put the cabin together :woohoo: :dance
//Mats

I closed it up :woohoo: it was a little pain to get the driver in the right position with he's arm out the window but in the end after some "nice" words :bang head :vmad he's there.
P1070201.JPG

P1070200.JPG

the exhaust got it's final design, not as i thought from the start but it looks ok.
P1070203.JPG

And a little rust on that :D
P1070205.JPG

Hope you like it so far, now it will be construction of the walkways and leg attachments :hmmm
:soldier
//Mats

Started with the front end transmission, they used many surplus panther parts on these machines :D
P1070207.JPG

//Mats

Very cool Mats!! I guess you're going to be done first.

:popcorn

Thanks Dave and Terry :)
we are getting closer to the hard part, and that's the legs.
So i don't know if i will be the first one ready here :hmmm and i still have my Torch-build to finish.
//Mats

Mats
I look forward to seeing more,more,more. :popcorn

There will be more :) now i have been busy with my bedford QL, and this weekend we fly to Sweden to see my father, so no modelling until monday. stay tuned until next week :)
//Mats

MATS,

You are Da' Man !!! Awesome Concept & You delivered on th Build !! This is Epic !! Awesome all th way around !! I can't wait for th next Installment !

Had some time to work on the transmission tonight (jump from painting figures to cutting evergreen styrene! :D )
And the grey part of the gearbox is ofcourse a stowagebox from a Pz III ;)
P1070257.JPG

P1070256.JPG

P1070258.JPG

I hope to get some more time tomorrow for this, gonna help out with changing our windows here in the house so we see what time that takes..... (and how many beers that takes too!!) :drinks
//Mats

the exhaust got it's final design, not as i thought from the start but it looks ok.
P1070203.JPG

And a little rust on that :D
P1070205.JPG

Hope you like it so far, now it will be construction of the walkways and leg attachments :hmmm
//Mats

If I may suggest something; how about a cover for the exhaust? something like the ones used on heavy construction equipment would be nice!

Been thinking about that to :) with this design they would get the engine full of water if it rains, so some kind of cover it will be, thanks for the tip :)
//Mats

Hi i'm back to my walker again :D working on the legs right now and i think i found a nice design for the front legs.
P1070559.JPG

P1070561.JPG

P1070562.JPG

P1070563.JPG

P1070564.JPG

right now i'm figuring out how to set up the hydraulic cylinders for the legs.
P1070566.JPG

//Mats

Back