• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Salonwagen Sal 4U-37a der DR (Scratch)

Hi to all, friends...

Though there are great the ideas that court me for the head, this one I have it in mind from beginnings of 2010. It is a question of a coach of the famous train Hitler's "Amerika". Concretely of the model Bln 10 206 . The idea is to do it to scratch, since there are not commercialized this type of coaches and much less this size. The importance is of some...
- 64cm of length;
- 8,5cm of width;
- and some 13/14cm of high place (aprox.).

:sick: THE DRAWING :

vagn-pass-3b.jpg

:sick: THE KIT OF REFERENCE TO SCALE HO :

vagn-pass-2.jpg

:sick: A BOOK OF REFERENCE :

Libro1.jpg

:sick: EXTERIOR DECALS :

EP1762.png

EP1763.png

Is a project without deadline, so I will be doing some cosilla in dead times.

Here I put the first pic about work-building.
This pics are of wagon-chassis...

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

After to do the plans of the columns, thanks to my friend Ricardo I have this pieces ready to buildiing.

They are made in PVC. Only I have that unit them, to eliminate signs of union and to effect some reduces in the internal zone.

IMG_1579-1.jpg

IMG_1577-1.jpg

IMG_1582-1.jpg

IMG_1583-1.jpg

IMG_1581-1.jpg

IMG_1580-1.jpg

The next step will be to cut away the form of these columns in the chassis...

After to do a little plan of salonwagen's head...

... for some hours I have been building four columns of PVC.

I have realized four columns of six pieces each one (1cm x 6 = 6cm of high place), and I have cut later the surplus to have the suitable height. Immediately afterwards I covered these with sheets of styrene of 0,25mm. For it I have used at all time glue for PVC (of rapid dry).

And the result is this...

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

New photos of the columns...

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1596-1.jpg

Here it is possible to see the detail of how the whole column of PVC has been covered with plasticard...

IMG_1596b.jpg

Fixed the columns, I have begun to raise the walls of the head-boards of the coach.
The high part of these walls presents a curvature, but I will make it "rectangular", since this way it will allow me to fit the piece of the roof when this one is realized (at least there will be four or five points of insertion)...

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

ZONE OF INSERTION

cabecera-zona-fijacin.jpg

I finished the wall and doors of one of the head-boards of the coach.

8,5 hours working for this...

:sick: EXTERNAL SIDE

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

:sick: INTERIOR SIDE

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

Later I will add the system of "accordeon" that serves to report between the coaches and flip-top floor...

acordeon-foto-1.jpg

acordeon-foto-2.jpg

This is the opposite wall with doors...

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

:sick: DETAIL OF HANDLES OF THE DOORS (EXTERIORS AND INTERIORS)

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

:sick: BOTH WALLS WITH EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR VIEWS

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

:sick: Materiales utilizados para la construcción / Used materials for building :

[table border="1"][tr][td] Nº. [/td] [td] Marca/Brand [/td] [td] Ref. [/td][td] Descripción/Description [/td][td] Uso/Use [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 1º/1st. [/td][td]EVERGREEN[/td][td] 2025 [/td][td] V-GROOVE SHEET [/td] [td] PAREDES / WALLS (3 CAPAS DE 0,5 mm / 3 CAPS OF 0,5 mm) [/td][/tr][tr][td] 2º/2nd. [/td][td]EVERGREEN[/td][td] 136 [/td][td] STRIP [/td][td] 0,75 x 3,2 mm [/td][/tr][tr][td] 3º/3rd. [/td][td]EVERGREEN[/td][td] 142 [/td][td] STRIP [/td][td] 1 x 1 mm [/td][/tr][tr][td] 4º/4th. [/td][td]PLASTRUCT[/td][td] 91710 / MS-102 [/td][td] STRIP [/td][td] 0,3 x 0,5 mm [/td][/tr][tr][td] 5º/5th. [/td][td]DRAGON[/td][td] ---------- [/td][td] ---------- [/td][td] TIRADORES / HANDLES [/td][/tr][tr][td] 6º/6th. [/td][td]EVERGREEN[/td][td] 124 [/td][td] STRIP [/td][td] 0,5 x 0,2 mm [/td][/tr][tr][td] 7º/7th. [/td][td]EVERGREEN[/td][td] 142 [/td][td] STRIP [/td][td] 1 x 1 mm [/td][/tr][/table]
[table border="1"][tr][td] PHOTO. [/td][td]
cabecera-plasticard-1.png
[/td][/tr][/table]

I'll start the lateral walls, being the wall of the corridor the first one to do.

I have not done great thing, but I could have modified some things and to begin others...

:sick: I have added new details...

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

:sick: I have begun to plan the lateral walls (side of the corridor)...

IMG_1628.jpg

During the next days I will be doing more things.
Every side will have several caps, that way I will be able to insert the glasses of the windows once the walls have been painted.

A little detail of the doors...

:sick: HINGES

IMG_1629.jpg

I have begun to mount the different caps of the wall of the corridor of the coach.

1st. I have planned the exterior face and have added a salient block in the low part (I joust below the windows).

2nd. I have created the intermediate cap to connect the blocks of crystal in big pieces.

3rd. And finally I have created the interior cap with the hollows of the windows.

IMG_1632b.jpg

4th. Detail of the hollows of the windows.

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

5th. Presentation of the block in his position.

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

I started to build the doors of the coach.

Following the same scheme of the walls, I realized the first door with three caps. Leaving the intermediate one with a hollow for the "glass".

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

In this first door I have added the metallic plates of the handles and have inserted the hinges close to the exterior auto body of the coach.

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

One detail of the entry...

IMG_1646.jpg

Already I am here again...

Having the whole free week, I am trying to advance the possible maximum thing with this work.

I have finished the great part of the side corresponding to the corridor. It is necessary for adding some detail still and the lateral striping that will be added at the end of everything.

Here I put two photos only

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

This is what I could have advanced last night...

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

I have planned the wall (caps) of the side of the rooms of the coach.
The following step will be to do both doors of access and later I will begin to raise interior partitions to delimit the "rooms".
I hope you like it. I imagine that yes because you do not say anything :D

Already I have both lateral walls finished with his respective doors of access...

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

And these are some general views of how the set stays up to the moment...

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

The following thing will be to plan the soil and the partitions of separation of the rooms of the coach.
First I will realize the partition that separates the corridor of the rooms and later the partitions of separation between rooms.

Here I began to plan the interior walls and to delimit the hollows of the doors of access to the rooms...

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

Finished the internal partitions of separation between rooms, I realized an auxiliary hollow in one of the ends of the corridor...

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

Later I realized the hollows of the doors to accede to the rooms from the corridor...

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

Productive weekend during the Campus of Modeling that the AMV celebrated before the summer.
During the marathon of 24hrs I could have advanced a bit more and the coach is taking form

:sick: First I closed the "curve" of the corridor...

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

:sick: I added a few guides of assembling for the separating partitions between rooms...

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

:sick: I inserted skirting-boards in the floor to delimit the rooms and to assure this way connect of the block of the rooms in the coach...

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

Also I did the frames of the doors of the corridor. I will do photos and I will show it later...

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

New steps...

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

I have to cut this part to make the zone of way free between the room and bath...

CUTTING.jpg

After withdrawing the surpluses of these two zones of pass I began to plan the skirting boards of the corridor (in the side of the windows) and inside the rooms (in the side of the windows also)...

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

Also I began both bridges on both doors of entry to the corridor of the coach.

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

This one has been one of these nights in which one does not sleep... And not to lose the time, I decided to continue cutting plastic... But it is clear that it was not my night.
I did the screen with doors that the "salon" and the "vorsalon" separates, with so bad luck that ultimately I made a small mistake but that it forces me to re-do again the whole piece.

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

The width of the central part is insufficient and space does not stay to place both handles of the doors

ERROR.jpg

I have two options
:sick: To re-do again the screen ...
:sick: Or to do a screen with lateral bookshops and with both central doors...

ONLY FOR DISCUSSION IN THE FORUM

INTERIOR-VORSALON.jpg

INTERIOR-SALON1.jpg

Thinking, thinking and thinking more during the whole evening, one idea came to the head...
Having sheet of styrene of 0,3 mm of thickness, there happened to me the idea of doing the pieces of the unsuccessful separation between the salon and the vorsalon.

For it I used again the Photoshop. Already it had made the planes of the head-board of the coach, and knowing the measures of the hollow of this separation, I realized three pieces that it compose (three caps).

PUERTAS-VORSALON-reduc.jpg

And taking advantage that gives good result to extract things with the printer, I was useful to extract the caps that will form the nerves of the roof.

NERVIOSTEJADO-reduc.jpg

Having the "pieces"/"caps" like that, it is easier to cut them later to join them of three in three.

More advances... Cut away three caps of the piece, I have joined them...

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

and later I have placed the rails for his placement...

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

After a long day in the job, and having some hollow to think about the coach, as I came to my house the first thing that I did was I assured the anchorage of the partition of the "vorsalon" and immediately afterwards I began to add the frames of the doors...

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

And thinking what details can be added in this part of the "vorsalon", two well regulation fire-extinguishers might stay with his corresponding claspers.
The idea is to place three, two in this part and a third party at the far end of the coach

I have placed the base of the floors of the baths and I have effected the points of fixation or assemble of the wash basins and of the waterclosets. In one of the baths it is necessary for placing the block of the tub, which is incrusted on "desk"...

:sick: BEFORE

IMG_1766.jpg

:sick: AFTER

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

The floors and walls of the baths will be covered with decals imitating blue rollers...

I have embedded the "block of the tub" of the bath and I have positionated it. I have been late a couple of hours and the truth that I have not had forces to continue forward. Today on Wednesday I will continue with other chapters of the coach...

The pics...

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

I have taken again the chapter of interior doors... I have begun for a double door of separation between two rooms...

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

I have placed a handle for side, since each of the "leaves" has opening in a sense. And lacks the lateral hinges...

While I make 12 doors of access to the rooms, I have placed the supports of the fire-extinguishers. These will take his claspers of photoetched also...

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

A night of inspiration...
I have dedicated a few hours to doing one of two radiators or air exits of the part of the salon.
Today on Wednesday I will try to make the opposite one finished also....

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

I have used strips of plastic and ABER's photoetches for the grids.

Here I leave you the radiator of the opposite side...
To finish this episode, I will have to place in the interior some machinery in order that it does not give sensation of empty space.
:study:

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

I hope you like it....

Yago.

:sick: NOTE: ALL PICS POSTED ARE THE WORK DURING TWO MONTHS OF WORK ( since APRIL 1st 2012 to JULY 5th 2012)

Jaw dropping!!! What a fantastic build. I just cant stop looking and looking and ....just WOW :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Wonderful building techniques Yago, I'm wondering about this part.

IMG_1581-1.jpg

why did you make this part in multiple sections instead of one large section?

Hi Moon Puppy...

My friend Ricardo did the pieces like that.
I imagine that it was turning out to him easier to do them with 1cm of high place.
I believed that he would do a bar and then I would cut with the necessary measure.
But piling up the pieces it has not been a problem, since later it had to cover the block with sheet of styrene.
The columns remained perfect... :dude

WOW!!! :woohoo:

What an amazing project! And beautifully done. Will be a very elegant model when completed.

Can't wait for more!

Tom

Thanks to all...

I want to see more finished chapters too :dude
This week is being something complicated by topics of my job.
But I will try to recover the lost time this weekend.

Thanks for looking...

Yago.

Wonderful! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
APPLAUSE.gif

I love it and it will be a very nice and unique piece when ready (y)
//Mats

Thanks Iron Mike & Bagge...

I like you like it... :dude
My friend Jim from Canada is building another coach, but is a different type.
He will publish one book when his coach is finished. Will be awesome!
I will work in my coach this summer...You will can see more advances....

Yago.

Productive Saturday...

I have finished all the doors of access to the rooms of the coach. Only they are absent for doing the two of access to the baths from the rooms and the two of access to the corridor of the coach. The above mentioned will take glass...

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

Today on Sunday I will try to end the chapter of the doors.

Yago.

Back