• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

S-100 in 1/72.

Plastik Smurff

Opened up a box the other week and found this in it,I don't even remember starting it luckily everything is still in it's box. After giving it the eyeball I was amazed at the crappy job I had done to it at the time so rather than bin it I shall see what can be made of it.

The deck was just a solid green so a bit of shading and fading was done.

h7a86ca9.JPG

he6dc13e.JPG

Next the hull was given the same treatment.

h641901a.JPG

h81a7c2c.JPG

Then I started to add the various bits an pieces. To give a bit of tonal change I sprayed them all with a darker shade of grey then when dry the top's received a light spray of grey two shades lighter. The pic's don't show it well but it does look ok.

hfc3fd71.JPG

h82d3480.JPG

Again it's a thing to fiddle with an keep me out of mischief.

Kurt.

Always liked the look of the 'S' boats but never got around to acquiring a kit of one, yours is looking great (y)

Still fiddling along. The stripes were a pain in bum,normally I would have sprayed them before the deck was glued on but since that had been done paint by brush had to be employed and carmine red is a bugger to get coverage. 5 coats and then I had to tidy up the seep that occurred.
Railings and thing's are on the paint desk.

h395b52d.JPG

Nice build so far. Did it ever get finished? I built this kit yrs. ago and really enjoyed it. I added some figures to it a couple of months ago. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Back